Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have upcoming interviews this Monday, the following Friday, and a last one toward the end of the month. I received interviews at all of the schools that I applied to and scored a 88 composite score on my PCAT (just got the official score last Thursday)........I'm just wondering what types of questions that I should be prepared for besides "Tell me about yourself" or "Why pharmacy?"......I welcome any thoughts or comments!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview Feedback FTW! :)

Interviews can very so much it is hard to say. Situational questions can be tough, so maybe practice them. Be prepared for silly questions. Really there are tons of ways to prepare, so let me just say: Good Luck! :luck:

Questions from my interview a couple weeks ago:

"What made you choose pharmacy?"

"What do you think is an issue within pharmacy?"

"How do you deal with a leadership role?"

"If you get into an argument/there is conflict with a person, how do you resolve it?"

"When you struggle in a course how do you overcome it?"

Or something along those lines...

Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have upcoming interviews this Monday, the following Friday, and a last one toward the end of the month. I received interviews at all of the schools that I applied to and scored a 88 composite score on my PCAT (just got the official score last Thursday)........I'm just wondering what types of questions that I should be prepared for besides "Tell me about yourself" or "Why pharmacy?"......I welcome any thoughts or comments!

Be prepared to ask them questions. If you have no questions for them, it conveys disinterest.

As for questions they ask you, it has been a little while but I remember a few:
"Tell me about a time when ____"
"Tell me when you had a conflict with a group/team member and how did you deal with it?"
"How do you deal with stress?" (FYI I think I was asked this at 5/5 interviews)

Thanks for the tips!

For those who had interviews, are they generally blind? I'm assuming it depends on the school. Will they ask me questions regarding my personal statement or what I've written in my supplemental essays? It seems like what they ask you are general questions they ask everybody.

And I talked to some of my friends who are in pharmacy school and from what I've heard, I guess just be VERY prepared! One friend said the only question they asked in his interview was, "Can you palm a basketball?" and they conversed about basketball the entire time. He got in. Another person got asked, "Do you think it should be required for all women in the US to get the HPV vaccine?" Her response conflicted with the interviewers opinion, they got into an argument, and she got rejected.

I think the big picture here is that they want to find out whether or not you're personable.

For those who had interviews, are they generally blind? I'm assuming it depends on the school. Will they ask me questions regarding my personal statement or what I've written in my supplemental essays? It seems like what they ask you are general questions they ask everybody.

And I talked to some of my friends who are in pharmacy school and from what I've heard, I guess just be VERY prepared! One friend said the only question they asked in his interview was, "Can you palm a basketball?" and they conversed about basketball the entire time. He got in. Another person got asked, "Do you think it should be required for all women in the US to get the HPV vaccine?" Her response conflicted with the interviewers opinion, they got into an argument, and she got rejected.

I think the big picture here is that they want to find out whether or not you're personable.

What schools do your friends go to? Because the people I know had some hard questions to answer!

Well, had the interview and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Some of the questions were: 1) Tell me about yourself and why you chose pharmacy. 2) in you opinion, what is professionalism and how does it pertain to a pharmacist. 3) a little scenario where they want to know if you ever were a leader in any sort of capacity and describe the time/event. Etc.......everyone was so friendly.......I now know a little of what to expect in my other interviews so I don't feel like a deer in the headlights, haha