This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Classy Oxford Comma

Reaction score
1. How would medical schools view an applicant (in regards to first time applicant, re applicant, and future medical student looking to match) that decided to withdraw their application before going to the II?

2. If I received an acceptance at my state school early this winter and decided this is the school for me, how would I go about telling other schools that sent me II's I am done with the process? The paranoid premed has me applying to a lot of places, but I know I will run out of funds on travel expenses.

Members don't see this ad.

1. They would view them as someone who is going somewhere else and not there. It’s fine and common to do this.

2. After you receive your top choice, you should be able to withdraw either through the secondary portal or through email.

Reactions: 1 users
1. How would medical schools view an applicant (in regards to first time applicant, re applicant, and future medical student looking to match) that decided to withdraw their application before going to the II?

2. If I received an acceptance at my state school early this winter and decided this is the school for me, how would I go about telling other schools that sent me II's I am done with the process? The paranoid premed has me applying to a lot of places, but I know I will run out of funds on travel expenses.
1) About 25-30% of secondaries are not returned at my institution.You would be one of many.
2) Just send them an e-mail saying you are withdrawing and thank them for their time.

Reactions: 1 users