Interviews and mentioning that you're accepted at another school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kingomnis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title states, I have gotten some acceptance letters, but I still have upcoming interviews. The main question is that I want to know if it is a good idea to give out the information during the interview that I've been accepted elsewhere. My parents are very adamant that I do not do this, but I believe it would be advantageous to mention this information. I am still excited to interview at these schools, and they might even become a top choice after the tour of the school (I can't say whether or not they are beforehand because I haven't seen the schools) and of course I would tell them that, as it is the truth (it is why I am there after all). Because the amount of students and schools for podiatry is a bit small compared to other fields, I wanted some insight on this from sources that might know better.

Members don't see this ad.

During my interviews I was asked where else I had interviewed. However, if you are not asked I would not bring it up. If they want you to come there they will accept you and scholarships will be given according to your stats/ECs/interview not to compete with what other schools have given you.

Reactions: 4 users
I think I was asked about it, can't remember for sure. I think it was like pod star "where else have you interviewed" type indirect question. Forget which school asked. I forget what I said.

I was deff asked about applying to other professional schools.

Just answer honestly. If you are a high caliber candidate, they will make you an offer anyway, regardless of prior acceptances. The podiatry pool is really small, so they could prolly find out if they wanted to anyway by calling up admissions at different schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Its not the art of the deal haha if they ask, then tell them. However, don't try and use it as a sales tactic or "playing hard to get." It doesn't work with admissions. Just do well in the interview and you'll be accepted

Hi there, I am a student that helps out on interview days by giving potential students tours and answering any questions they have from a students perspective. I myself ask this question frequently ("have you interviewed anywhere else?") just to get an idea of what you are interested in and to make conversation. At our school we do not relay any information or topics we discussed during this time to admissions. So as people said above just be honest because we just want to make sure you are getting all the info you need to make your decision, whether it's good or bad.