Interviews at NYU and Sinai

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by New York, Oct 13, 2002.

1. New York

New York Junior Member

Hey,

I was wondering for those of you with interviews at NYU and/or Sinai, how long did it take for them to send out an interview invite from the date your application was complete??

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. For NYU, it was about 5 weeks for me. I dont know about Sinai... I am still waiting to hear from them and it's been 6 weeks since my application was complete. You would think that $100 per app would buy them some efficiency with their processing and review.

4. New York

New York Junior Member

Hey VirtuoJ,

If you dont mind me asking, when was your application complete? and did you receive a postcard from them confirming that it is complete?

It's been four weeks for me since i called them and they said that my application was complete but i have yet to receive a postcard from them. I called last Wed and they said they would send it again but havent received anything so far..wtf! augh..

BTW, congrats on your interview with NYU!! i would LOVE to be invited for an interview there..oh well.

5. I got a postcard from NYU. It said my app was complete 8/27. I got my interview invite 10/5 (postmarked). Hope that helps.

Anyone with info about how long it takes Mt. Sinai to get back to its applicants?

6. Street Philosopher

anyone know if NYU has a student hosting program? no mention of it in the letter...

7. xaelia

xaelia neenlet
    Physician Faculty

Attending Physician
    If you haven't received an NYU postcard, you should definitely call.

I mailed in all my materials in late August, called last week to see what was up, and found out my MCAT scores still hadn't been forwarded by AMCAS. Argh! I had to badger AMCAS them about Columbia to get their butt in gear there, too.

I also hadn't heard from Sinai last week, so I called; my file was complete, but hadn't gone up for review yet. Sounds like a lot of schools have tons of applications to wade slowly through.....