Interviews at NYU and Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

New York

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering for those of you with interviews at NYU and/or Sinai, how long did it take for them to send out an interview invite from the date your application was complete??

Members don't see this ad.

For NYU, it was about 5 weeks for me. I dont know about Sinai... I am still waiting to hear from them and it's been 6 weeks since my application was complete. You would think that $100 per app would buy them some efficiency with their processing and review.

Hey VirtuoJ,

If you dont mind me asking, when was your application complete? and did you receive a postcard from them confirming that it is complete?

It's been four weeks for me since i called them and they said that my application was complete but i have yet to receive a postcard from them. I called last Wed and they said they would send it again but havent received anything so far..wtf! augh..

BTW, congrats on your interview with NYU!! i would LOVE to be invited for an interview there..oh well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a postcard from NYU. It said my app was complete 8/27. I got my interview invite 10/5 (postmarked). Hope that helps.

Anyone with info about how long it takes Mt. Sinai to get back to its applicants?

anyone know if NYU has a student hosting program? no mention of it in the letter...

If you haven't received an NYU postcard, you should definitely call.

I mailed in all my materials in late August, called last week to see what was up, and found out my MCAT scores still hadn't been forwarded by AMCAS. Argh! I had to badger AMCAS them about Columbia to get their butt in gear there, too.

I also hadn't heard from Sinai last week, so I called; my file was complete, but hadn't gone up for review yet. Sounds like a lot of schools have tons of applications to wade slowly through.....