interviews during 4th year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docpetey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year (a little belated),

Anwyay, I was wondering if there was a certain month(s) when ortho interviews were usually done? I am planning my 4th year and wanted to do some more "laid back" rotations that wouldn't mind me going away for an interview or two.

Assuming you turn in your application on the earliest date possible, when should you expect the bulk of your interviews (from both MD and DO programs)?

Thanks for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

docpetey said:
Happy New Year (a little belated),

Anwyay, I was wondering if there was a certain month(s) when ortho interviews were usually done? I am planning my 4th year and wanted to do some more "laid back" rotations that wouldn't mind me going away for an interview or two.

Assuming you turn in your application on the earliest date possible, when should you expect the bulk of your interviews (from both MD and DO programs)?

Thanks for your time!

MD Programs: December and January. No interviews the last 2 weeks of December (due to holidays). There are a few programs that have a few dates in late November.

DO Programs: No idea.

Hope this helps,

DO interviews: Since our match is sooner than the allo side we interview sooner. Some interviews are as early as Sept/Oct, but most seem like they are end of OCT, mostly NOV, then DEC has a few. I would highly recommend if you are a DO to rotate with the program before/during the interview month. Before the month especially if the interviews are early in the month. I know most people spent 3-4 months in a row doing ortho to prime themselves for interviews.