Interviews on weekends?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pnle119, Sep 30, 2002.

1. pnle119

pnle119 Member

I've got a quick question for those who are fairly knowledgeable about the interviewing process: Are weekend interviews unheard of? I'm just curious because I hope to be interviewing in the coming months and I have a heavy school schedule to deal with. Also, generally speaking, are profs understanding about interviews? Do they usually work with you in terms of make-up exams, different grading scale, etc. so that you can go interview and not be punished for it? Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Woots32

Woots32 kinda funky, kinda fine

Medical Student
    I have yet to hear of a Sat/Sun interview, though God only knows in this process, anything is possible. All my profs have been understanding about interviews, and will let me make up stuff so long as I have some sort of verification about the date/place. As for a different grading scale - you can try, but good luck. I seriously doubt you could swing it, but it never hurts to try. ;) I know what you mean - I might have to drop a class because I'm getting so far behind. But good luck, hope the invites start coming in soon! :)

4. tBw

tBw totally deluded

They don't interview on weekends. As to professors, it depends on the individual. Some are very flexible, some will wave the syllabus in your face and drop you a grade for more than 3 abscences/whatever is on there.

5. athena21

athena21 Senior Member

Some schools interview on Fridays (UTMB for sure)...also, UTSW interviews on Saturdays--I only hope they'll give me one! :)

6. tryingagain

tryingagain Soon to have no life

I interviewed this year at UK on a Saturday

7. time quaker

time quaker Senior Member

Penn also interviews on Saturdays. I'm sure most professors have to be understanding. I would have complained to the administration if I had encountered problems last year (I missed 5 days of a couple of classes).

8. opus

opus Member

I've got an interview on Sat.,too, at UKy. Hey "tryingagain" how was the interview?

9. Andrew_Doan

Andrew_Doan Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    Most programs do not interview on Saturdays. Don't you want to interview on a weekday where you can meet with students and faculty? It's hard to get faculty and students to come in on Saturdays to interview.