pnle119

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 28, 2001
Phoenix
Visit site
Status
I've got a quick question for those who are fairly knowledgeable about the interviewing process: Are weekend interviews unheard of? I'm just curious because I hope to be interviewing in the coming months and I have a heavy school schedule to deal with. Also, generally speaking, are profs understanding about interviews? Do they usually work with you in terms of make-up exams, different grading scale, etc. so that you can go interview and not be punished for it? Thanks.

Woots32

kinda funky, kinda fine
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2002
playing under the table and dreaming
Status
Medical Student
I have yet to hear of a Sat/Sun interview, though God only knows in this process, anything is possible. All my profs have been understanding about interviews, and will let me make up stuff so long as I have some sort of verification about the date/place. As for a different grading scale - you can try, but good luck. I seriously doubt you could swing it, but it never hurts to try. ;) I know what you mean - I might have to drop a class because I'm getting so far behind. But good luck, hope the invites start coming in soon! :)

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2001
infront of an iMac
Visit site
Status
They don't interview on weekends. As to professors, it depends on the individual. Some are very flexible, some will wave the syllabus in your face and drop you a grade for more than 3 abscences/whatever is on there.

About the Ads

tryingagain

Soon to have no life
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2002
Land of Enchantment
Visit site
Status
I interviewed this year at UK on a Saturday

time quaker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2001
Visit site
Status
Penn also interviews on Saturdays. I'm sure most professors have to be understanding. I would have complained to the administration if I had encountered problems last year (I missed 5 days of a couple of classes).

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2002
San Diego, CA
www.facebook.com
Status
Attending Physician
Most programs do not interview on Saturdays. Don't you want to interview on a weekday where you can meet with students and faculty? It's hard to get faculty and students to come in on Saturdays to interview.

About the Ads