interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reed0104

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some of the "standard" interview questions? I have intervies at KCOM and Des Moines next month.

Thanks,

Bryan

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview at MSUCOM this year...it was very laid back. Some of the questions that both interviewers asked were: 1)why are you interested in the osteopathic profession? 2)tell me about your job at the hospital you work at? 3)what do you like to do for fun? 4)tell me about your family? 5) why are you interested in our school? 6) why did you choose your undergrad school?

Most importantly evaluate your strengths and make it a point to give examples of them during your interview. Also, parallel your work/currently with your motivation to further your knowledge and responsibility toward patients and the medical profession in the future. Instill in them that you are looking for a stronger commitment and deeper challenges in the things that you've enjoyed/been excited about in the past. Good luck. P.S. bone up on your knowledge of the osteopathic profession... I recommend Norman Gevitz...DOs in America

------------------
Matt Flannigan
MSU Class of 2004