interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pangi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do schools usually contact via email or mail for interview notices? I haven't heard back from many schools (which is probably a bad thing) and I am getting very nervous :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school, but I think it is by email for almost all the schools now. I know what you mean though...except for rejections, I still have no interviews and I am starting to get really scared. Besides the two of us...anyone else really freaking out?

Most of mine have e-mailed me. Though I do know of a couple who do regular mail (UVa to name one). It just depends on the school though I think that more e-mail than send regular mail nowadays.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think email is the norm for invites, but snail mail is for rejections. I know a couple of school do things the other way, but most are email. Make sure to check you spam folder! Sometimes med school stuff got sent there. That would be tragic to miss that email! Good Luck!

OHSU does snail mail invites as well.

Some send interview invites through snail mail as well as email. Some actually even call to inform you of an interview offer.

It depends on the school, but I think it is by email for almost all the schools now. I know what you mean though...except for rejections, I still have no interviews and I am starting to get really scared. Besides the two of us...anyone else really freaking out?

MEMEMEMEMEMe! I didn't have any interview offers until like 2-3 days ago.. UKY offered me an interview for the waitlist and I, of course, jumped at it being that it is my top choice and I wasn't offered any others :( a lot of the schools I applied to haven't said ANYTHIIINGGG.