-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
interviews?
Started by carbear02
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got 1 so far 🙂
Ive got 2 Interviews so far. still waiting to hear back from 20+ schools so I hope that number grows haha
stats: 3.7/33P

stats: 3.7/33P
I've got 11 DO and 1 MD... and 1 acceptance yay 😀 Just got the news today
Congrats and what an epic Graduate GPA.
1 so far.
Reeeally hoping for some more soon (like everyone else)...
29/3.8
Reeeally hoping for some more soon (like everyone else)...
29/3.8
1 allo, still lacking committee letter, so most schools won't look at me yet.
interview invites: 5 MDs and 4 DOs
3 rejections
25 undecided
2 incomplete applications
3.6/32 (and I'm a reapplicant with 0 interviews two years ago so I'm pretty much in shock 😱 -- I give thanks to finding SDN -- applying early sooooo helps. ALSO I'm pretty sure I have some amazing LORs this year (compared to two years ago when I just last minute found people))
BTW CONGRATS Sedaniel!!! 😀
3 rejections
25 undecided
2 incomplete applications
3.6/32 (and I'm a reapplicant with 0 interviews two years ago so I'm pretty much in shock 😱 -- I give thanks to finding SDN -- applying early sooooo helps. ALSO I'm pretty sure I have some amazing LORs this year (compared to two years ago when I just last minute found people))
BTW CONGRATS Sedaniel!!! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interview invites: 5 MDs and 4 DOs
3 rejections
25 undecided
2 incomplete applications
3.6/32 (and I'm a reapplicant with 0 interviews two years ago so I'm pretty much in shock 😱 -- I give thanks to finding SDN -- applying early sooooo helps. ALSO I'm pretty sure I have some amazing LORs this year (compared to two years ago when I just last minute found people))
BTW CONGRATS Sedaniel!!! 😀
Thank you! I also had no interviews 2 years ago when I applied, doesn't it feel great to finally be on top of things? 😀 lol
3 so far, as compared with the 1 I had last year. Much improved!
2 DO invites, 0 MD (although a few of my allo schools haven't finished EDP yet and haven't begun to look at regular admissions yet) I'm hoping for at least 2-3 more.
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
5 inches
😕😕😕😕
Haha Nessy, I think he was making a commentary on the Med School Ego's around here, basically the more interviews the bigger your med school "ego" is.
I'd say 5 inches means 5 invites so far.
😎
Anyway, as for myself, 4 MD interviews so far, and 2 rejections (Only 1 official one but the other I'm quite sure will be a rejection).
I have yet to hear from about...nearly 20 schools.
3 interviews, 0 rejections, lots of silence. (Applied to 20 MD schools)
3.9, 40Q
3.9, 40Q
7 invites, 3 rejections, 20 applied, 4.0/37
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6 MD Interviews, 2 rejections (Vandy, UChicago), 1 early admit acceptance to my current undergrad's med school.
18 completed secondaries.
18 completed secondaries.
Last edited:
Haha Nessy, I think he was making a commentary on the Med School Ego's around here, basically the more interviews the bigger your med school "ego" is.
I'd say 5 inches means 5 invites so far.
😎
Anyway, as for myself, 4 MD interviews so far, and 2 rejections (Only 1 official one but the other I'm quite sure will be a rejection).
I have yet to hear from about...nearly 20 schools.
I think he's talking about the size of his Wang...
I think he's talking about the size of his Wang...
Doh!! Boy, did I take the bait, hook, line and sinker

It would make more sense for people to state when they were generally complete at the schools they applied to. Because you could have a 40/4.0, but if you were only complete at the majority of your schools a few days ago, chances are that you may have no invites at all yet.
For instance, I have been complete at the schools I applied to from early July to early August. I applied to around 16, have 4 interviews, 1 rejection and 1 pre-interview hold.
For instance, I have been complete at the schools I applied to from early July to early August. I applied to around 16, have 4 interviews, 1 rejection and 1 pre-interview hold.
5 inches
kinda small bro
DO:
applied 2, interview 2. Too lazy to finish the ones that I actually have to mail in (damn you pcom and umdnj! Why cant u be online!)
MD:
Applied to like 25.. 2 rejections (Mayo and Wake), 1 interview. Small pooled at 2 schools, rest are fairly silent. Was complete at most schools between late july and early/mid august.
3.6/33Q Non-Trad.
applied 2, interview 2. Too lazy to finish the ones that I actually have to mail in (damn you pcom and umdnj! Why cant u be online!)
MD:
Applied to like 25.. 2 rejections (Mayo and Wake), 1 interview. Small pooled at 2 schools, rest are fairly silent. Was complete at most schools between late july and early/mid august.
3.6/33Q Non-Trad.
2 MD interviews, 1 rejection (Mayo), waiting on 2 secondaries
3.95, 32 Non-trad (my MCAT scores weren't released until 8/10 so it kind of put me behind)
3.95, 32 Non-trad (my MCAT scores weren't released until 8/10 so it kind of put me behind)
this thread makes me sad.
Ya me too 🙁 Hopefully things pick up for us soon.
7! I've been extremely fortunate...
Still haven't heard from all the "heavy hitters" though.
Still haven't heard from all the "heavy hitters" though.
7! I've been extremely fortunate...
Still haven't heard from all the "heavy hitters" though.
Sigh.
I've been very fortunate this cycle. It definitely way surpassed my expectations.
1 interview
1 reject (pre secondary 🙁 )
12 stringing me along
So happy with my 1 interview though, one of my top choice schools! 👍
1 reject (pre secondary 🙁 )
12 stringing me along
So happy with my 1 interview though, one of my top choice schools! 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
10 interviews, 0 rejections, and 20 pending.
5 MD interview invites, didn't apply for DO.
3.9 GPA, 38S (although my score is hilariously unbalanced). I applied pretty late, though, as I originally didn't intend on applying this year. Didn't submit my primary AMCAS application until mid-July, and didn't start submitting my secondaries until August.
3.9 GPA, 38S (although my score is hilariously unbalanced). I applied pretty late, though, as I originally didn't intend on applying this year. Didn't submit my primary AMCAS application until mid-July, and didn't start submitting my secondaries until August.
5 MD interview invites, didn't apply for DO.
3.9 GPA, 38S (although my score is hilariously unbalanced). I applied pretty late, though, as I originally didn't intend on applying this year. Didn't submit my primary AMCAS application until mid-July, and didn't start submitting my secondaries until August.
Wow.
Guess I was "pretty late" also then.
Also to the OP: yes it's still very early.
ten now.
I honestly think one of my LORs says "accept her or fear my wrath"
I'm debating pushing off some interviews (like new MD programs or DO schools to November since I am less likely to attend them)... but then I'm worried I won't get into any schools in October and will be freaking out that I ruined my chances by not going to earlier interviews for these other schools.
I honestly think one of my LORs says "accept her or fear my wrath"
I'm debating pushing off some interviews (like new MD programs or DO schools to November since I am less likely to attend them)... but then I'm worried I won't get into any schools in October and will be freaking out that I ruined my chances by not going to earlier interviews for these other schools.
