interviews?

Started by carbear02
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ive got 2 Interviews so far. still waiting to hear back from 20+ schools so I hope that number grows haha:luck:

stats: 3.7/33P
 
4 interviews, 2 rejections, 27 undecided. I didn't get my first interview last year until November so this is great progress for me.
 
interview invites: 5 MDs and 4 DOs
3 rejections
25 undecided
2 incomplete applications

3.6/32 (and I'm a reapplicant with 0 interviews two years ago so I'm pretty much in shock 😱 -- I give thanks to finding SDN -- applying early sooooo helps. ALSO I'm pretty sure I have some amazing LORs this year (compared to two years ago when I just last minute found people))

BTW CONGRATS Sedaniel!!! 😀
 
5 MD's interviews
6 rejections
Awaiting on 13
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interview invites: 5 MDs and 4 DOs
3 rejections
25 undecided
2 incomplete applications

3.6/32 (and I'm a reapplicant with 0 interviews two years ago so I'm pretty much in shock 😱 -- I give thanks to finding SDN -- applying early sooooo helps. ALSO I'm pretty sure I have some amazing LORs this year (compared to two years ago when I just last minute found people))

BTW CONGRATS Sedaniel!!! 😀

Thank you! I also had no interviews 2 years ago when I applied, doesn't it feel great to finally be on top of things? 😀 lol
 
1 MD so far 😳.

1 rejection, 1 incomplete, and waiting on ~15. Going to be a long year, but hopefully some more good news to come 🙂.
 
2 DO invites, 0 MD (although a few of my allo schools haven't finished EDP yet and haven't begun to look at regular admissions yet) I'm hoping for at least 2-3 more.
 
This is a good thread. It gives some true life link with the admissions reality. Thanks for starting this thread carbear02.
 
😕😕😕😕

Haha Nessy, I think he was making a commentary on the Med School Ego's around here, basically the more interviews the bigger your med school "ego" is.

I'd say 5 inches means 5 invites so far.

😎

Anyway, as for myself, 4 MD interviews so far, and 2 rejections (Only 1 official one but the other I'm quite sure will be a rejection).

I have yet to hear from about...nearly 20 schools.
 
2 invitations to interview, 2 holds, 0 rejections, 17 complete applications total

If I make it out this year with one acceptance, It'll be worth the high blood pressure I'm sure to develop.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6 MD Interviews, 2 rejections (Vandy, UChicago), 1 early admit acceptance to my current undergrad's med school.

18 completed secondaries.
 
Last edited:
Haha Nessy, I think he was making a commentary on the Med School Ego's around here, basically the more interviews the bigger your med school "ego" is.

I'd say 5 inches means 5 invites so far.

😎

Anyway, as for myself, 4 MD interviews so far, and 2 rejections (Only 1 official one but the other I'm quite sure will be a rejection).

I have yet to hear from about...nearly 20 schools.

I think he's talking about the size of his Wang...
 
5 MD Interviews, 2 DO interviews
1 rejection

Completed secondaries for 20 MD schools and 4 DO schools. Waiting to hear back from the rest.

Stats are 3.7/33R

Very lucky to have this many interviews at this point. Best of luck to everyone else.
 
It would make more sense for people to state when they were generally complete at the schools they applied to. Because you could have a 40/4.0, but if you were only complete at the majority of your schools a few days ago, chances are that you may have no invites at all yet.

For instance, I have been complete at the schools I applied to from early July to early August. I applied to around 16, have 4 interviews, 1 rejection and 1 pre-interview hold.
 
DO:
applied 2, interview 2. Too lazy to finish the ones that I actually have to mail in (damn you pcom and umdnj! Why cant u be online!)

MD:
Applied to like 25.. 2 rejections (Mayo and Wake), 1 interview. Small pooled at 2 schools, rest are fairly silent. Was complete at most schools between late july and early/mid august.

3.6/33Q Non-Trad.
 
2 MD interviews, 1 rejection (Mayo), waiting on 2 secondaries
3.95, 32 Non-trad (my MCAT scores weren't released until 8/10 so it kind of put me behind)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
5 MD interview invites, didn't apply for DO.

3.9 GPA, 38S (although my score is hilariously unbalanced). I applied pretty late, though, as I originally didn't intend on applying this year. Didn't submit my primary AMCAS application until mid-July, and didn't start submitting my secondaries until August.
 
5 MD interview invites, didn't apply for DO.

3.9 GPA, 38S (although my score is hilariously unbalanced). I applied pretty late, though, as I originally didn't intend on applying this year. Didn't submit my primary AMCAS application until mid-July, and didn't start submitting my secondaries until August.

Wow.

Guess I was "pretty late" also then.
 
ten now.

I honestly think one of my LORs says "accept her or fear my wrath"

I'm debating pushing off some interviews (like new MD programs or DO schools to November since I am less likely to attend them)... but then I'm worried I won't get into any schools in October and will be freaking out that I ruined my chances by not going to earlier interviews for these other schools. :scared: