Intimidation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctormo24

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont know if its just me. When I take a test and a person does a lot better than I do, I always feel low. Like, I feel inferior and that i wont make it in the medical field. After hearing how other people study and hearing how long they study for I feel inferior. I dont know why I feel that way. Some of the people I know are a lot smarter than I am and they do really good on tests and I always feel that its them who should be pre-med and not me. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Doctormo24 said:
they do really good
:rolleyes:
get some confidence, cut out this inferiority complex. and dont make that grammatical error, it doesnt reflect well. it would kill an app or interview

I hear you! this pre-med student next to me always get better grade :mad: , and I always feel like crying(because sometimes my grades are much lower :eek: )
Don't worry, we can all make it :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
DocteurMarion said:
I hear you! this pre-med student next to me always get better grade :mad: , and I always feel like crying(because sometimes my grades are much lower :eek: )

Your avatar frightens the hell out of me... :laugh:

WhatUpDoc! said:
Your avatar frightens the hell out of me... :laugh:

Seriously. What is that thing?

DocteurMarion said:
I like your avatar,DocteurMarion.

huh huh...i felt that way when i first entered college... but then i'm now more confident... grades, MCAT aren't everything...

a good friend of mine got so many A+'s (a bio major) that i lost count after 20.
another person i know got into Harvard Med but didn't go (he decided medicine wasn't his passion after all)... there are just too many smart and hardworking ppl out there...
just be yourself, and get a life!

I love setting the curve and looking at the student next to me cry! I get some sort of rush from it. Call me weird but I thoroughly enjoy it. :D

maxflash04 said:
I love setting the curve and looking at the student next to me cry! I get some sort of rush from it. Call me weird but I thoroughly enjoy it. :D
you're also the one that gets beaten up after class. don't get me wrong. in my later years in college, i set the curve or was pretty high up there, but i never flaunted it.

yourmom25 said:
you're also the one that gets beaten up after class. don't get me wrong. in my later years in college, i set the curve or was pretty high up there, but i never flaunted it.
I'm not stupid enough to flaunt it about in class or anything that's why I'm posting on SDN. I know some people take their grades too seriously and would literally KILL to make the best grades.

Three tests, one paper, and a lab practical upcoming this week. I have so much to look forward to.

yourmom25: I like the avatar. ;)

maxflash04 said:
I'm not stupid enough to flaunt it about in class or anything that's why I'm posting on SDN. I know some people take their grades too seriously and would literally KILL to make the best grades.

Three tests, one paper, and a lab practical upcoming this week. I have so much to look forward to.

yourmom25: I like the avatar. ;)

you just gotta roll size baby.

sdn is a crash course on why people hate premeds.

from neurotic pessimist to cocky knowitall.

radioh3ad said:

Damn... I never knew people hated pre-meds. I mean, except for other pre-meds (and that's only because of competition...go figure!) By the way, love the text for you mdapp link... so very, how should I put it... Confident ;)

WhatUpDoc! said:
Damn... I never knew people hated pre-meds. I mean, except for other pre-meds (and that's only because of competition...go figure!) By the way, love the text for you mdapp link... so very, how should I put it... Confident ;)

it's a radiohead lyric that i strive to embody (nice dream)

jumped in the river what did i see
black eyed angels swam with me
a room full of stars and astral cars
and all the figures i used to see
all my lovers were there with me
all my pasts and futures
and we all went to heaven in a little row boat
there was nothing to fear, nothing to doubt

radioh3ad said:

er... which end of the spectrum is better-liked?