Intro to pharmacology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mstoothlady2012

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to take an elective....& pharmacology is the easiest elective available...if i take this elective would it look that i am interested in pharmacy? plus i work in pharmacy...dont want them to think that i am not serious about dentistry

Members don't see this ad.

no plus this class is normally, depending on what school you go to, not easy at all.

If I were you, I would take pharmacology. The course is difficult because of all of the concepts that are incorporated (e.g. biochem,physiology, anatomy, cell biology, and micro).

Given the intensity of those courses, you would be well advised to seize the advantage of taking the course before dental school. An undergrad version of pharm, may not be as tough as a dental school version, but any introduction to the core concepts of pharmcokinetics and pharmacodynamics is a plus. Without those concepts locked down, pharm is nearly impossible.

Take the class and thank God your school has the wisdom and knowledge to offer it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you, I would take pharmacology. The course is difficult because of all of the concepts that are incorporated (e.g. biochem,physiology, anatomy, cell biology, and micro).

Given the intensity of those courses, you would be well advised to seize the advantage of taking the course before dental school. An undergrad version of pharm, may not be as tough as a dental school version, but any introduction to the core concepts of pharmcokinetics and pharmacodynamics is a plus. Without those concepts locked down, pharm is nearly impossible.

Take the class and thank God your school has the wisdom and knowledge to offer it.
thanks

I need to take an elective....& pharmacology is the easiest elective available...if i take this elective would it look that i am interested in pharmacy? plus i work in pharmacy...dont want them to think that i am not serious about dentistry

It is not an easy course and it does require a good background in organic (2 semesters) and at least a course in vertebrate physiology.

well i meant intro to pharmacology...wow my advisor suggested me that course coz i already have 14 credits of load plus i have to take one more elective...so she suggested this course & said that its easy.

thats weird..anyways thanks for the info!

well i meant intro to pharmacology...wow my advisor suggested me that course coz i already have 14 credits of load plus i have to take one more elective...so she suggested this course & said that its easy.

thats weird..anyways thanks for the info!

If it is an intro course, who is it intended for? If it was intended for nursing students you may be OK, but certainly not if it was intended for pharmacy students. (It is difficult to find a pharmacology course outside of professional schools-medical, dental, pharmacy).