Iowa State c/o 2018 applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi All,
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and to all of those who are wait listed there is hope! I have a friend who is renting out a room in her trailer (next to the vet school) for this upcoming school year. The room is available in May but you can move in as late as mid August. Please message me on here if you are interested.
Best Wishes,
Izzy

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I am planning on attending Iowa State's vet school in the fall! Is anyone looking for a roommate or know any other resources available about housing information?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any unsuccessful applicants who know how the file review system works? I put my info in...should I expect an email?

Anymore movement on the waitlist? Last I heard we were down to #28!

well last time I spoke to them they said they were on number #17 on the waitlist but that was on April 18th, at 8 am, so I hope they are father downthe waitlist at 28! Anyone else have updates?

well last time I spoke to them they said they were on number #17 on the waitlist but that was on April 18th, at 8 am, so I hope they are father downthe waitlist at 28! Anyone else have updates?
I called this morning and they are only down to #35! But they will be calling a new batch by the end of the week! Kathy said that the process normally goes until June! This is so nerve wracking!

@countrygirl0605 you are awesome for calling.

I figure they will call tomorrow because it seems like this thread always goes crazy on fridays. I'm #45 so I hope I get called soon because I'm really starting to go stir crazy (although I'm sure I'm not alone).

Reactions: 1 user

I figure they will call tomorrow because it seems like this thread always goes crazy on fridays. I'm #45 so I hope I get called soon because I'm really starting to go stir crazy (although I'm sure I'm not alone).

So I called again this morning! #45...YOU are next to be called!!!!!!!

@countrygirl0605 you just made my day! I have not received a call yet, but I am anxiously awaiting a phone call. I am going to Vegas on Wednesday looks like I will not be gambling because I used up all my luck getting into vet school. :soexcited:

If you don't mind me asking what number are you?

@countrygirl0605 you just made my day! I have not received a call yet, but I am anxiously awaiting a phone call. I am going to Vegas on Wednesday looks like I will not be gambling because I used up all my luck getting into vet school. :soexcited:

If you don't mind me asking what number are you?
I'm so happy for you! They said they would be calling sometime this week, as other people decline! So hopefully you won't have to wait too long! I am #64, so I probably still have a few more weeks to wait. But I can't wait to get that call! I have heard that in previous years they normally get down to around #90! So hopefully I will hear soon! :)

Well I just got an email saying I'm in. I was #45. I cant believe I'm going to be a vet!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@countrygirl0605 have you heard any news yet?
I haven't yet! I called Kathy today and they are only down to #49! Apparently it is going slower than any other year, normally they get down to #95 and into the 100's. But she said this year they filled up really fast! I am getting really scared! :(

so are you going to Iowa? Or are you still on the IS list at MN? any news from either school...am asking for 2 friends at each school...fingers crossed!

I paid my deposit at iowa. I'm number 8 at Minnesota now.

Posted by Kathy Kuehl on Friday, May 23, 2014 at 3:16pm NEW!
**Update for Alternates**

As of today, the Class of 2018 is full, however, if someone withdraws before classes begin, we will start down the alternate list again. The next alternate to be contacted is number 49.

Hi all!!! First of all, congrats to those of you who'll be starting at ISU CVM in the fall!
My husband just graduated and it's been an amazing, crazy, exciting 4 years!
We used the SDN forums to watch the wait list the year he got in and I thought this might be a good place to post about our trailer for sale. We had a buyer who put down a deposit but now that it's time to pay off the balance he's stopped taking my calls and has cut off almost all communication. So, unfortunately, it looks like out trailer is available again since at our last conversation he agreed to pay for it by the end of business yesterday and has failed to do so. (Don't worry, it's not someone in your class!) if anyone would like more info, just let me know. We were/are supposed to leave on Tuesday so we are open to any reasonable offer. The basic info is below:

6 MINUTE WALK TO VET SCHOOL!
1972 12x65 trailer, was a 3bedroom but has been converted to 1bedroom with a large central room giving it an open-concept ranch feel. 1 bathroom, new washer & dryer in 2012, new bathroom floor in 2012, new windows in over 1/2 the trailer (4 left to do and I can give you the info to order matching ones-they're very easy to install) new front door in 2011, new heat tape in 2010, all major appliances and several furniture pieces included. Good condition for its age, we've been living here since 2010 with no major problems. Lot rent $266/mo, utilities average $85 to 110/mo. Pets allowed! (Park charges $10 fee per dog, per month.)

PICTURES AVAILABLE

Email for more info: [email protected]

Questuon about ordering the laptop:

Is anyone going to purchase the add ons like more memory or upgrade the processor? Or what the computer comes with is just fine?

Questuon about ordering the laptop:

Is anyone going to purchase the add ons like more memory or upgrade the processor? Or what the computer comes with is just fine?

I'm a current member of the C/O 2017 and I'd suggest upgrading (either DIY or through the school). I didn't and I'll be adding more memory this summer. We weren't given the option to upgrade the processor, although I know someone who privately requested this option, so I can't comment on how much value you'd get out of that. It's not a great computer, I'm adding more memory for improved performance during normal school activities. I'm not sure I'd risk running anything especially taxing on these computers. However, if you're low on funds like most vet students, you can probably get away with using the base model as long as you remove/compress files each semester and don't go crazy with your expectations.