-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State c/o 2024
Started by Sunshine in a Storm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted676737
2024 already? Gah, I feel old.
Anyway, I'm no longer there, but I attended ISU-CVM for about two years (I was c/o 2020) and can answer questions if you've got any.
Anyway, I'm no longer there, but I attended ISU-CVM for about two years (I was c/o 2020) and can answer questions if you've got any.
2024 already? Gah, I feel old.
Anyway, I'm no longer there, but I attended ISU-CVM for about two years (I was c/o 2020) and can answer questions if you've got any.
Why did you attend for only 2 years?2024 already? Gah, I feel old.
Anyway, I'm no longer there, but I attended ISU-CVM for about two years (I was c/o 2020) and can answer questions if you've got any.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted676737
I’ve told the story quite a few times since I left; if you’re really interested, you can look through my post history. I’d rather not derail and spoil an admissions/applicants thread with it.Why did you attend for only 2 years?
OOS applicant, first time applying, crossing my fingers for all of us this upcoming cycle!
Hi Class of 2024 hopefuls! We're hosting an Application Workshop on Saturday, May 25 from 9:00am-12:00pm to answer your questions about applying to ISU-CVM. You can attend in-person or on-line via webinar. Click here for details and sign-up info.
OOS 2nd time applying
2nd time applying to Iowa. They were not shy about what I needed to fix in my application and im happy about it.
Hello everyone! Second time applicant, first time applicant to Iowa OOS. Who else is applying?
Hi everyone! Second-time applicant, first time to Iowa (OOS).
ChasingDVM2023
Iowa State co 2023 :)
Hi guys! I will be starting my first year at ISU CVM this fall so let me know if you have any questions about the school or the application process 🙂
If anyone has submitted and been verified by VMAS, as well as submitted the supplemental app, did you VMCAS application status change yet? I submitted about two weeks ago and was just wondering how long it too for the status to change to "received"
2nd time applicant, but 1st time to Iowa (OOS)
Submitted my supplemental yesterday!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Application submitted!
I wish there was a way to show them you applied last year online instead of mailing it.
meykai16dew
U of I c/o 2024
Hey! For the supplemental application are we only supposed to put high school / college related events?
For example if I volunteered with a Fire Dept. that was not related to my high school should I list that?
For example if I volunteered with a Fire Dept. that was not related to my high school should I list that?
lilnekochan
New Member
Hi all! Does Iowa accept online chemistry labs to fulfill the prerequisites? I'm hoping to take one offered by the University of New England in the Spring
Hey! For the supplemental application are we only supposed to put high school / college related events?
For example if I volunteered with a Fire Dept. that was not related to my high school should I list that?
I don't believe it has to be school related, rather it just needs be an activity you participated in during those years.
Dang it. I just listed school related and not activities participated in during those years, bummer.I don't believe it has to be school related, rather it just needs be an activity you participated in during those years.
meykai16dew
U of I c/o 2024
Good-luck everyone!! Keep me updated when you get any news back!
I did the same thing and it wasn't much. Shoot.Dang it. I just listed school related and not activities participated in during those years, bummer.
Misery loves company 😉. I did email them about it but I haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully it won't make TOO big of a difference since my app did list those activities. (This is me trying not to panic about this mistake).I did the same thing and it wasn't much. Shoot.
Thank you for your reassurance, this does make me feel better.I also listed only school-related activities on the supplemental when I applied several years ago and didn't have any issue receiving an interview and a later offer of admission from ISU. It's nowhere near a make or break deal.
It took about 1.5 weeks for meHow long after submitting your applications on vmcas did it show up in the Iowa portal?
lilnekochan
New Member
That's what it seems likeIs the cumulative GPA posted on the portal undergrad only?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lilnekochan
New Member
Mine says Received for both the VMCAS and Supplemental, and I submitted on the last day, very close to the deadline. Only my cumulative GPA has been calculated though.My portal shows my GPA however it does not say my VMCAS app was received yet. Has this happened to anyone else?
I messaged them yesterday and they updated it today to show my app was received so I'm not sure what happened.Mine says Received for both the VMCAS and Supplemental, and I submitted on the last day, very close to the deadline. Only my cumulative GPA has been calculated though.
Mine says Received for both the VMCAS and Supplemental, and I submitted on the last day, very close to the deadline. Only my cumulative GPA has been calculated though.
I checked mine out of curiosity. I submitted August 19th and only my cumulative GPA has been calculated as well.
gianna1018
Full Member
I checked mine out of curiosity. I submitted August 19th and only my cumulative GPA has been calculated as well.
Same here (and I submitted August 29th)
Is anyone in academic or committee review yet?
I still only have cumulative GPA calculated with an application status that says none, I did submit closer to the cycle closing for my VMCAS (submitted 9/7, verified 9/12) and 10 days before cycle closing for my supplemental so I'm not really expecting anything for a handful of weeks.
Last edited:
gianna1018
Full Member
I still only have cumulative GPA calculated with an application status that says none, I did submit closer to the cycle closing for my VMCAS and 10 days before cycle closing for my supplemental so I'm not really expecting anything for a handful of weeks.
I submitted on August 29th and my portal says all of this as well.
Just went into committee review today! I never went into academic review, so I guess I bypassed it. I submitted 9/3 and verified 9/10.
Does it typically go academic review --> committee review? I assume academic review is reviewing your science, last 45, etc, and committee review is assuming you made it past the academic portion and they look at you holistically?
D
deleted676737
Yes, that’s correct.Does it typically go academic review --> committee review? I assume academic review is reviewing your science, last 45, etc, and committee review is assuming you made it past the academic portion and they look at you holistically?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Beyond that, the next step is admit/deny/waitlist? Or would you not even go into committee review if they were going to deny you?Yes, that’s correct.
I'm in committee review, but I don't have my science or last 45 GPAs calculated yetToday my required science GPA and last 45 GPA have been entered and my status is now in committee review!
D
deleted676737
Since they no longer do interviews (with the exception of UNL/ISU applicants), yes. In the past, decisions have gone out in early-mid February. That said, since the process has been streamlined a lot, that general timeframe might not be accurate anymore.Beyond that, the next step is admit/deny/waitlist?
D
deleted676737
This happened when I applied, as well; if your portal is showing you as being in Committee Review, then you’ve passed Academic Review. Your GPAs just may not have been updated in the portal yet.I'm in committee review, but I don't have my science or last 45 GPAs calculated yet
This happened when I applied, as well; if your portal is showing you as being in Committee Review, then you’ve passed Academic Review. Your GPAs just may not have been updated in the portal yet.
That’s promising! Hopefully it’s still the same.
Per their website, “notification of final application status - admit, alternate, deny will be given no later than February 15, 2020.”