You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State C/O 2028
Started by eleanor713
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlist is moving! I was just pulled and will be accepting my seat (so excited!!)
They gave until Thursday morning to respond so it should be a pretty quick turnover
Did you post on your message board saying you were interested in your seat?
Congrats future classmate!! 💚#20 and just got notified they have a seat for me! Will be accepting my seat!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes!Did you post on your message board saying you were interested in your seat?
Just asked them and they are on #31!
EEEEEEEPPPPP YOU DID ITT!!!!! So excited for you!Waitlist is moving! I was just pulled and will be accepting my seat (so excited!!)
They gave until Thursday morning to respond so it should be a pretty quick turnover
THANK YOU ahhh I've had the near month since rankings were announced to get used to the idea but it still doesn't feel real!EEEEEEEPPPPP YOU DID ITT!!!!! So excited for you!
THANK YOU ahhh I've had the near month since rankings were announced to get used to the idea but it still doesn't feel real!
EEEEEEEPPPPP YOU DID ITT!!!!! So excited for you!
futuredogtor12
Full Member
Waitlist is moving! I was just pulled and will be accepting my seat (so excited!!)
They gave until Thursday morning to respond so it should be a pretty quick turnover
lizardman i am SO happy for you!!!! been seeing you all over these forums and couldn’t be more proud of someone i don’t know!!
futuredogtor12
Full Member
Just asked them and they are on #31!
omg i’m #31 [emoji854][emoji854][emoji854]
DOCTORS DOCTORS DOCTORS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH. Makes my heart sooooooo happy for both of you (saw you got into UofA thenontraveler!!!)![]()
[world's longest YEAH BOYYY] 🥳🎉 Couldn't be more excited to enter the class of 2028 with y'all and be future colleagues!!!!! So well-deserved on both of your parts, you're going to be amazing doctors!
Thank you so much omg!! And all the congrats to you as well since it looks like you're getting pulled off imminently 👀lizardman i am SO happy for you!!!! been seeing you all over these forums and couldn’t be more proud of someone i don’t know!!
Such an exciting time, see you in the Fall!!
Last edited:
Thank you!!!!! I am so excited for all of us!!DOCTORS DOCTORS DOCTORS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH. Makes my heart sooooooo happy for both of you (saw you got into UofA thenontraveler!!!)![]()
futuredogtor12
Full Member
just got pulled off!! #31 oos!
congratulations!! so excited for you!! i am #38 and i have not been able to stop looking at my phone all day lol.just got pulled off!! #31 oos!
yasminehekmat
New Member
OOS acceptance #8 and just declined my seat! Good luck everyone!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone!! I'm a current VM1 if you guys have any questions about first year or anything about IA! We can connect on IG as well, just message me 🙂OOS acceptance #8 and just declined my seat! Good luck everyone!!
futuredogtor12
Full Member
Literally can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ll be attending Iowa State!
Literally can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ll be attending Iowa State!
Congrats! Did they start calling this morning already?
futuredogtor12
Full Member
Congrats! Did they start calling this morning already?
Nope, I got my acceptance yesterday and just was deciding overnight
IS, I just received an offer to accept this morning. I took it and now will be running around with y'all! Also, anyone thinking about living at the trailer park because I think it's enticing. Secondly, any current students live at the trailer park and how is it?
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!! What number are you?IS, I just received an offer to accept this morning. I took it and now will be running around with y'all! Also, anyone thinking about living at the trailer park because I think it's enticing. Secondly, any current students live at the trailer park and how is it?
I was 1/14 on the list, which gave me some hope that I'd get called off 😫Awesome!!! Congrats!!!! What number are you?
One of my friends asked where they are at on the OOS waitlist this morning, and #35 is next to be called!!
I think like 75% of Old Orchard is vet students. Easy walk to school, most of the trailers are in decent condition, some get lucky and get new ones. Very convenient! If you have any specific questions I can try to answer them 🙂IS, I just received an offer to accept this morning. I took it and now will be running around with y'all! Also, anyone thinking about living at the trailer park because I think it's enticing. Secondly, any current students live at the trailer park and how is it?
CalypsoDreaming
Full Member
Seconding this! I’m moving with my boyfriend, dog, and two cats, so I’m trying to determine which is better financiallyTo piggyback, does anyone have any info on whether the ~30k trailers are decently livable and how the expenses of living alone in a trailer vs an apartment compare (most 1 bedrooms I’m looking at are around 750/month with a lot of utilities included)?
CalypsoDreaming
Full Member
I’m rank #51 and I just got offered a position which I will be accepting!!! So excited for this new journey with you guys
I was just accepted as well!! #38 and so incredibly excited to say i will be attending!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’d recommend going in person to gauge for yourself. There were a few upper 20’s that didn’t look well kept/maintained. Mine was 15k… and it looked a bit ratchet (40-50 years old lol) but I only had to call someone once for the 4 years… and that was because a spider had made a home in my heater thing so nothing was getting through. Pipes froze once but thankfully next day they were fine.To piggyback, does anyone have any info on whether the ~30k trailers are decently livable and how the expenses of living alone in a trailer vs an apartment compare (most 1 bedrooms I’m looking at are around 750/month with a lot of utilities included)?
Rent was about $500-600 per month on average. The downside is, if something in the home breaks, that’s on you.
The good thing is, you can sell it back to a student when you’re done with school and sometimes you can sell more than what you purchased if you did upgrades over the years or inflation or what not.
I may be jumping the gun here, but a couple questions for either current students or other incoming first years as I sift through the links they sent with the acceptance letter:
1. Does anyone know where to find our university ID number on the status page, or does that populate once they receive our deposit? I’m trying to register for a Net-ID and the c/o 2028 info page mentions that it should be on the status page but I don’t see it anywhere
2. Any idea if they meant to ask whether we filled out this year’s (2024-25) FAFSA on the info survey vs the 2023-24 one? I’m probably overthinking this but I didn’t file one last year and did this year
1. Does anyone know where to find our university ID number on the status page, or does that populate once they receive our deposit? I’m trying to register for a Net-ID and the c/o 2028 info page mentions that it should be on the status page but I don’t see it anywhere
2. Any idea if they meant to ask whether we filled out this year’s (2024-25) FAFSA on the info survey vs the 2023-24 one? I’m probably overthinking this but I didn’t file one last year and did this year
Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I can’t wait to meet future classmates! Is anyone looking for a roomate, or looking for people to rent a place with? I’m trying to figure out housing for the fall and hoping to find some people to live with! (Female)
How much is rent for a roommate? I’m looking at costs and was just wondering if someone bought the mobile home, but also decided to rent out the other room/bath, what is the avg. cost that those students have paid? I also want to know from the perspective from the mobile home buyer and renter when it comes to legal documents such as formulating a lease agreement. Thanks for the help!I think like 75% of Old Orchard is vet students. Easy walk to school, most of the trailers are in decent condition, some get lucky and get new ones. Very convenient! If you have any specific questions I can try to answer them 🙂
For those of us that have roommates in the trailers, usually your roommate will cover the lot rent (~415-450) and you will split utilities seems like the most common option. It's great to save the money because whoever owns the trailer does not pay much monthly! I live alone at my trailer though and love it. With my friends in apartments, a lot of them are paying considerably more (~800-900 per month). So while the cost of buying the trailer is more, it is more affordable in the long run especially if you have a roommate covering the lot rent. And like another student mentioned, you get most of your money back when you sell as there is always a demand in vet students wanting to buy them! If any of you have more questions about the trailers just message me!How much is rent for a roommate? I’m looking at costs and was just wondering if someone bought the mobile home, but also decided to rent out the other room/bath, what is the avg. cost that those students have paid? I also want to know from the perspective from the mobile home buyer and renter when it comes to legal documents such as formulating a lease agreement. Thanks for the help!
There are definitely nicer ones, but all of the ones I toured last year were reasonable prices and would have been nice to live in.
Wanted to add to this - the girl I bought my trailer from gave me her copy of the document she had in case I wanted a roommate! Very simple process though! If any of you are thinking about living in the trailer park, there is an application to do to get approved to live there but everyone I know had no problems getting approved 🙂How much is rent for a roommate? I’m looking at costs and was just wondering if someone bought the mobile home, but also decided to rent out the other room/bath, what is the avg. cost that those students have paid? I also want to know from the perspective from the mobile home buyer and renter when it comes to legal documents such as formulating a lease agreement. Thanks for the help!
I remember the Net-ID will populate once they get your deposit!I may be jumping the gun here, but a couple questions for either current students or other incoming first years as I sift through the links they sent with the acceptance letter:
1. Does anyone know where to find our university ID number on the status page, or does that populate once they receive our deposit? I’m trying to register for a Net-ID and the c/o 2028 info page mentions that it should be on the status page but I don’t see it anywhere
2. Any idea if they meant to ask whether we filled out this year’s (2024-25) FAFSA on the info survey vs the 2023-24 one? I’m probably overthinking this but I didn’t file one last year and did this year
Unsure about 2, but you can message them on your portal to see! They are normally pretty good about responding. You could also email Tara Joyce ([email protected]) as she handles our financial aid stuff!
Awesome thank you! I messaged them 🙂I remember the Net-ID will populate once they get your deposit!
Unsure about 2, but you can message them on your portal to see! They are normally pretty good about responding. You could also email Tara Joyce ([email protected]) as she handles our financial aid stuff!
Has anyone heard anything today? I'm #65 and going crazy!
Has anyone heard anything today? I'm #65 and going crazy!
I second this! I’m #72 and have been looking at my phone all day!
same here! and I’m #64😅I second this! I’m #72 and have been looking at my phone all day!
anyone wanna ask them in the portal message board so I don’t keep harassing them?! haha
same here! and I’m #64[emoji28]
anyone wanna ask them in the portal message board so I don’t keep harassing them?! haha
I would, but I already asked them yesterday! [emoji28] She included that people would be called every “couple of days” since they have to wait for responses! I bet they will start again tomorrow, at least I’m hoping!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a groupme or facebook group for class of '28? Thinking it would be helpful for roommate searches and orientation stuff
I was wondering the same thing. I can start one!
Thought I’d update to help those keeping track. #65 OOS and just got the message! Will be declining as I ended up being #1 on my IS waitlist. Best of luck to everyone patiently waiting <3
Last edited:
They just called #72! I accepted!