You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State C/O 2028
Started by eleanor713
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cristianb033
New Member
OOS #100 and just called off and accepted!
I just asked and was told the next number to be called will be #104.
115 OOS, just called off and accepting! I’m so excited!
112 OOS, got called off yesterday. Feels so surreal after 3 cycles, I finally did it !!! 😭
112 OOS, got called off yesterday. Feels so surreal after 3 cycles, I finally did it !!! [emoji24]
congratulations!! now is your time!
caitlyn.royalty
New Member
Does anyone know where they're at on the oos waitlist?
Just got off the OOS waitlist! #120 and will be declining🙂 Congrats to whoever will hear good news soon!!Does anyone know where they're at on the oos waitlist?
Were you able to set up your NetID? I didn’t get my university ID number to set up NetID until after my deposit was received.Is anyone else a bit confused on canvas page and access plus and workday? If anyone knows what they’re doing I could really use the help. I know they said once accepted and you get you netID, you can email mohoward and she’ll set you up with canvas page but all I got sent was links to something called workday?
I was confused on the workday links too, workday didn’t show up under the “My Apps” section of my university sign on page until after I got the links.
I don’t have access to the Canvas page yet either, but I just emailed this afternoon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just added to the Canvas page, there was a notification sent to my ISU email.So I have my netID and University ID number. When I google ISU canvas page I can get into it but there is no info on it so I’m not sure if I’m truly enrolled on it? Please let me know if you get an official email about you being added to canvas because I haven’t received one. Just a bunch of notifications to complete stuff on access plus. Thanks for the response!!
I just wanted to let you guys know the the university is in the process of switching from access plus to workday. This doesn't mean ignore access plus because a lot of information is still on there at the moment. Workday will be the new location of information such as university bill, schedules, past semester gpas, student information, etc. I believe they are planning to be fully switched over come August. Also, when it comes to canvas, they may not have anything set up in canvas for your class yet. So when you log in you may not see anything in terms of classes yet or the Class of 2028 group that will show up on there. This post provides no insight as to how to sign up for stuff, but just figured I would provide some clarity on why there is both access plus and workday. Hopefully this helps.Is anyone else a bit confused on canvas page and access plus and workday? If anyone knows what they’re doing I could really use the help. I know they said once accepted and you get you netID, you can email mohoward and she’ll set you up with canvas page but all I got sent was links to something called workday?
sarahrene17
New Member
I’m 143 and just got called off but will be declining (never thought I would say that 😭)! Best of luck to everyone still on the waitlist 🤞🏻❤️
hoping for the best for you right now!! fingers crossed!! 🤞🏼next to be called is 141. Hopefully they get to me next week, I’m 153!
omg yay!! i’m so excited for you!!I got in!! 153
omg yay!! i’m so excited for you!!
thank you!!
Brunettevet
New Member
Has anyone found a facebook group yet?
Does anyone know whether they are still calling people off the waitlist? If so, what number are they going right now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IA state stopped doing facebook groups with my class (co 2027) so we made a class Groupme instead!Has anyone found a facebook group yet?
Hi, kind of off the wall but would anyone who bought a trailer without financial help from family (other than maybe cosigning) be able to message me with how you swung it if you’re comfortable sharing? I’m renting an apartment for this coming year but am looking into the possibility of getting one next year while I have the time!
You either have the money to pay the entire amount or you get a loan. There are a few online banks that offer loans for trailer homes, but they usually require the trailer to be newer than 1975. Additionally, you'll need decent credit and sufficient income (from a job or business). I'm not aware of any other alternatives.Hi, kind of off the wall but would anyone who bought a trailer without financial help from family (other than maybe cosigning) be able to message me with how you swung it if you’re comfortable sharing? I’m renting an apartment for this coming year but am looking into the possibility of getting one next year while I have the time!
Also just wanted to throw this out there, I would not worry/freak out about getting all of the textbooks - the CVM uses a thing called Cybox that everyone has access to, and pretty much all of the textbooks you would need have been uploaded there as PDFs that you can access for free, along with various study materials from previous classes. I didn't buy any books during the fall semester and really only referenced the radiology textbook and small animal anatomy textbook occasionally. The professors (imo) do a great job of providing you with all of the information you need to know!
For the spring, I did buy the large animal dissection guide from an upperclassman and I do recommend that, but also used the online PDF as well so you would be fine either way.
For the spring, I did buy the large animal dissection guide from an upperclassman and I do recommend that, but also used the online PDF as well so you would be fine either way.
Caitlin Woolley-Rice
ISU CVM c/o 2028
Hi everyone, I just got offered a spot off the waitlist, and I'm super excited to attend Iowa State in the fall!! I feel so behind already with being accepted this late in the summer. Where do I start? Housing? Loans? School Materials? I'm super excited to attend vet school in the fall; I just need all the advice!!! Thank you so much in advance! Have a wonderful day!
Hi everyone, I just got offered a spot off the waitlist, and I'm super excited to attend Iowa State in the fall!! I feel so behind already with being accepted this late in the summer. Where do I start? Housing? Loans? School Materials? I'm super excited to attend vet school in the fall; I just need all the advice!!! Thank you so much in advance! Have a wonderful day!
I wouldn't stress too much—you’re not behind at all. First, focus on finding housing. A class GroupMe was started, so you can look there if you need roommates. Loans will be handled by the financial aid office, and as long as you get everything done before school starts, you should be good. Just make sure to complete your FAFSA and send the info to the school (either the school requests it, or you send it).
For materials, during the first semester, you’ll mainly need a lab coat, dissection kit, some shoes you don't mind getting dirty (for the anatomy lab), and goggles. You can either buy your own or get them through the school; they’ll send you an order form, I believe. Also, make sure to send in your seat deposit money, preferably via a method with tracking.
As for textbooks, as Chqu22 mentioned, you don’t need to worry too much. Most of the information will come from your professor's lecture notes and PowerPoints. If you need to reference a textbook, the library will have some on reserve.
Good luck and congratulations!
Last edited:
For coursework and some pre-studying for small animal anatomy, I recommend checking out the University of Minnesota’s veterinary anatomy website (Veterinary Anatomy Website Home Page) under the carnivore anatomy courseware section. The dissection videos on this site are excellent.
Hopeful2028
New Member
What # were you on the list? Just curious.Hi everyone, I just got offered a spot off the waitlist, and I'm super excited to attend Iowa State in the fall!! I feel so behind already with being accepted this late in the summer. Where do I start? Housing? Loans? School Materials? I'm super excited to attend vet school in the fall; I just need all the advice!!! Thank you so much in advance! Have a wonderful day!
Caitlin Woolley-Rice
ISU CVM c/o 2028
I was number 158What # were you on the list? Just curious.