Technology Iphone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sully677

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who has an Iphone and what do you think about it?

Members don't see this ad.

i think it has everything to do with a forum that discusses medicine

Members don't see this ad :)
I expect this will get moved to the lounge :)

On the topic though, I don't have one, but my son's Father does - he loves it, except for the fact that most of the phone is a touch screen and he keeps hitting it with his cheek while he's on a call. A headset would eliminate this problem though.

My boss has it and it looks badass, but I only see the pretty exterior and don't know of the bugs it might have.

i don't have one but I thought they were interesting when they first came out but now they seem to have more cons than pros.

Well, I will preface my comments by saying I'm a complete Apple *****. Big unix nerd, loved Apple since the 80s. So I'm admittedly biased.

But, I love my iPhone. They're very hackable, and despite Apple's early announcements that you can't install binary apps on them, people out there have reverse engineered the phones and you can do just about anything you want with them. There are some minor annoyances, but nothing that you don't get used to working around. It's honestly a joy to use it, even nearly three months after buying it.

i'm considering the ipod touch which is just a iphone without the phone.

i'm considering the ipod touch which is just a iphone without the phone.
Unfortunately, it doesn't an email client and you can't enter new calendar events. No camera either... otherwise, I'd get it too.

i got it the first day it came out..didnt wait online or nothing..my modeling company gave it to me..but its awesome..i rarely use the internet n ipod anymore though..but when u first get it ull love it..plus i dont know anyone that has it..

I was on sdn forums earlier replying to threads with the iphone. :)

I have an iPhone and absolutely love it. It's pretty simple to use. I'm very happy with the interface and keyboard recognition, and the screen is very crisp. The responsiveness is pretty quick and the design is pretty sexy. Everyone wants to look at it. Makes a great conversation piece with some of the females!

The battery life is not a real issue. There was a lot of hooplah about poor battery life, but I get about 2 days of use with a single charge. That's with checking mail (auto check every hour), a bit of surfing, and talking on the phone... a lot. I usually charge it everyday though. Despite the reports on the web, even though the battery is not user replaceable, it will maintain 80% charge capacity after 300-400 charge cycles. A charge cycle is completely draining it until the battery goes dead and then recharging it. Drain it to 50% remaining and then you recharge it, then that is considered a half charge cycle. So it will take more than a year for most people to wear down the battery to where it only holds 50% capacity.

Some of the downsides: inability to natively install medical apps (ePocrates, Pepid), lack of voice dialing, lack of Flash support in Safari.

I've had mine for about 2 weeks now, and it is worth every penny. The Google Maps app can completely eliminate your need for the yellow pages and the web browser is actually pretty fast with a wi-fi connection. The only thing that is lacking is the ability to search through pdf files like you can with spotlight or preview.app in Mac OS X. Skyscape now has a service optimized for the iPhone, but I've not used it yet. Has anyone else?

I have a Iphone clone from China. Works fine. I also have some skyscape programs installed in this phone/pda. Definately well-worth the money!

I have a Iphone clone from China. Works fine. I also have some skyscape programs installed in this phone/pda. Definately well-worth the money!

where did you get this and how much?

Check out ebay! Try searching for "CECT P168" or just "P168" The only problem is that, there is no wi-fi connectivity, which sucks considering the fact that my sckyscape programs usually comes out with a update every 3-4 months or so.