Pre-Medical

Last edited:
Reactions: Avicenna

tf21594

2+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2015
Status
Medical Student
A race of that magnitude is nothing to snuff at. Anyone who appreciates the work ethic it takes to complete one of those will see that as a desirable trait in an applicant. It couldn't hurt to put it on there.

OP
ChymeofPassion

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Okay thanks!

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
That's a respectable hobby. VERY respectable.

Just finished the Ironman 70.6 Timberman event, thinking about doing a full or another half next summer before BM. Is this worth putting on an app? I know people talk about athletics as being useful but typically those are team/D1 Athletics.

Doctor-S

Grand Rounds
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2016
Just finished the Ironman 70.6 Timberman event, thinking about doing a full or another half next summer before BM. Is this worth putting on an app? I know people talk about athletics as being useful but typically those are team/D1 Athletics.
Feel free to add it. The Ironman Timberman event was a very challenging athletic activity, requiring disciplined physical/mental skills, perseverance, focus and effective time management (e.g., balancing your academic responsibilities or work and prepping for the Ironman competition at the same time). Well done to @ChymeofPassion!

iforget2

7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Ran a marathon (could never do an Ironman, much props to you) and it was a very good talking point during one of my interviews. Definitely mention it! I had an essay on it too.

Reactions: Wolfpack93
Jul 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I have a kinda similar question. I've been training for a half marathon and I've run a few 5ks, 8ks, 10ks ect. Would this be worth including in my secondaries? I didn't put it in my primaries since I hadn't actually run it yet and obviously its nothing as impressive as an Ironman. Just wondering if it would be worth including or not? Sorry to piggyback off your thread @ChymeofPassion , didn't want to make a completely new one though.

OP
ChymeofPassion

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks for the replies everyone. I had a blast and I think its definitely a hobby I will continue!

Dec 14, 2015
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
I have a kinda similar question. I've been training for a half marathon and I've run a few 5ks, 8ks, 10ks ect. Would this be worth including in my secondaries? I didn't put it in my primaries since I hadn't actually run it yet and obviously its nothing as impressive as an Ironman. Just wondering if it would be worth including or not? Sorry to piggyback off your thread @ChymeofPassion , didn't want to make a completely new one though.
I put my running in my primary and secondaries. Even listed it as a most meaningful activity. The adcoms want to get an idea of who you are, and if running is important to you, definitely add it.

Reactions: Wolfpack93

leonardoson

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
This makes me even more excited that I have recently picked up cycling. Planning on riding the STP!