Is 4 weeks enough time to study for the DAT???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredds2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken the Kaplan DAT course this summer but haven't been able to go full force and dedicate the appropriate time to studying. My internship is ending this week and I am wondering if I start studying Aug 1 till Sept 5, if that will be enough time to study and do well (20's and above on each section)

The skills from kaplan are still fresh in my mind and I also have access to the quizes, practice tests and online workshops. I just feel like taking Kaplan course and not taking the DAT within 2 months after completion of the course would be a waste of time and money.

Members don't see this ad.

i took Kaplan last summer and studied the 4-5 weeks of winter break. I dont think I could have studied more... ( I should have more the math and RC)

If you think Kaplan classes helped you, know that they have some guarantee and you can take the kaplan course for free again. I did this (i didnt like the classes) so that I could have access to the online materials.

you could pm me if you have questions about particular sections :)

4 weeks was enough for me

Members don't see this ad :)
i spent 6 weeks... but i don't really count the first 2 weeks b/c i only spent 1-2 hours a day studying.

4 weeks should be enough if you study hard.

depends on how much you study for over the 4 weeks...are you going to study 3 hrs or 6 hrs....

plus remember its about quality studying not just quantity!

I plan on studying 6-8 hours a day in the library.

3.5 weeks :thumbup: but then i did get a 19 in Orgo

Depends how much you need to improve upon what you already know. I tried to take a ton of bio courses and pretty much remembered a lot of general chemistry and organic chemistry from freshman and sophomore year. This gave me a good baseline and I brushed up on a few things for about a week and a half 8 hours a day. I came out okay, but wish I had had more time to take practice tests.

I also spent 6 weeks studying but that was full force studying for at least 4 hours a day.

All i did was the Kaplan course. It ended Thursday and I took my DAT two days after on Saturday. I didnt do amazing on the DAT but def pretty solid. AA 20 PAT 23 TS 18. I think 4 weeks of structured studying will def be enough. I would just create a schedule of what you plan to study every week and make sure you do exactly that.

All i did was the Kaplan course. It ended Thursday and I took my DAT two days after on Saturday. I didnt do amazing on the DAT but def pretty solid. AA 20 PAT 23 TS 18. I think 4 weeks of structured studying will def be enough. I would just create a schedule of what you plan to study every week and make sure you do exactly that.

Thanks!!! That's what I planned on doing.

I'm just finishing chads video gen chem and ochem. I'm a little over half way with cliffs ap bio book and Im only decent on the crack dat pat. I haven't studied any math. My dat is in two weeks. Should I postpone my dat another two or three weeks?

I'm just finishing chads video gen chem and ochem. I'm a little over half way with cliffs ap bio book and Im only decent on the crack dat pat. I haven't studied any math. My dat is in two weeks. Should I postpone my dat another two or three weeks?

Whoa

Why didn't you go more back in time, like 1762,

Damn

It really depends on how "ready" you feel. I spent two weeks on content review and went straight to exams and felt "ready" in a total of 4-5 weeks. It really depends on how fast of a learner you are. I would recommend you take a practice exam (DAT Bootcamp #1) and assess how you're feeling.

Have you done any PAT?

QR is all about practice and more practice. Spend an hour on QR a day and you should be fine in two weeks. Good luck! Take a look at my study schedule -- it might help!

I studied for four weeks, and I feel like I could have done better if I had more time. I got a decent score for the amount of time that I studied, but you'll have to live with any feelings of regret if you decide to take this route. I would probably go about it the same way, though, if I had to do it all over again.

Thank you both for your help. Thanhn where can I see your study Schedule?

Thank you both for your help. Thanhn where can I see your study Schedule?
It's in my breakdown but I'll just post it below.
CgqfmM3.jpg

fGFFxCR.jpg