is 80 a good pcat score>

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmd09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so im planning to take the pcat in august. but im a ittle unsure about what a good score is to pharmacy schools. I have a 2.9 science gpa and im shooting for an 80. I have the kaplan review books from the class. they give tons of study materials. I;d like to get in the 90s. but i dontknow if i can get such a high pcat score. i want to be realistic. if I got an 80 with a 2.9 gpa would i have a shot at getting into pharmacy school? any feedback would be helpful tahnks!

Members don't see this ad.

is 2.9 your overall or science? regardless i think you'd need a 90 and lots of EC to make up for that less than competitive gpa, most entering gpa average 3.3 at the low end that is overall though. That said, a 80 is quite decent, heck thats what i'm shooting for.

It depends on the school you are applying to. New and private schools will be less competitive but 2.9 is quite low. I have 3.6 and 59 PCAT (which might be comparable to 2.9 GPA) but I got accepted to a two new schools.

I would recommend you to retake PCAT so that you can have more options. You can certainly improve it!! it is only 10 percentile more.