Is a C- in orgo lab okay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cjth402

Reaction score
so basically I got a C- in organic chemistry lab 1 when I was a sophomore. It was because I didn't turn in my safety lab quiz in time and so the professor refused to let me do the first two labs, causing me to lose 200/1000 points. However, the rest of my grades never fall below a B and my science GPA is a 3.71.

Will most medical schools be okay with that? Any suggestions? I've already applied.

Members don't see this ad.

so basically I got a C- in organic chemistry lab 1 when I was a sophomore. It was because I didn't turn in my safety lab quiz in time and so the professor refused to let me do the first two labs, causing me to lose 200/1000 points. However, the rest of my grades never fall below a B and my science GPA is a 3.71.

Will most medical schools be okay with that? Any suggestions? I've already applied.
Having anything below a C in a prerequisite is usually not acceptable. Either call around to the schools where you applied and and ask if an exception can be made for you (getting an email confirmation is a good idea in case the issue comes up later), or plan to retake OChem I lab in the fall or spring of the upcoming academic year.

Reactions: 1 users
Having anything below a C in a prerequisite is usually not acceptable. Either call around to the schools where you applied and and ask if an exception can be made for you (getting an email confirmation is a good idea in case the issue comes up later), or plan to retake OChem I lab in the fall or spring of the upcoming academic year.

Will this affect just my matriculation? Or both my matriculation and my acceptance?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Will this affect just my matriculation? Or both my matriculation and my acceptance?
It would not affect your interview invitations or an acceptance. But schools expect you know their policies and to abide by them. If you don't have final official transcripts sent to the one school at which you'd matriculate that proves you are in compliance, then there would be no matriculation.

Life can be brutal. You will most likely have to retake.