is a late thank-you note better than no card?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i interviewed at a school 3 weeks ago, but i never got the chance to send my interviewer a thank-you note. is it better just to forget about it or should i send it in a card now?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're hoping it'll get you brownie points, then go ahead and send it. It can't hurt you...the worst thing that can happen is it doesn't get there in time.
If you're sending it b/c you enjoyed your interviewers and want to thank the interviewers, then it doesn't matter how late you send it. So, my final answer is YES, send the cards!!

I think it's ok, but make it more of a letter explaining your continued interest in the school and thanking them for taking the time to meet w/ you, review your file, etc.....

Members don't see this ad :)
If the interviewers were nice (and they did take time out to interview you after all), I think you should send a thank you card out of common courtesy. Like everyone else said, it can't hurt you. All in can do is help you.

hey, i interviewed at a school on november 28 and didn't send a thank you note until around december 15. i got accepted so obviously my late thank you card didn't really affect the my status. i would send one...good luck