Is a Masters or Post-Bacc Necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missssyasi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to be reapplying this cycle and was wondering with my GPA if it's necessary to get a masters? This past year all I've been doing is working volunteering and taking an anatomy class. Therefore, would it look good on my app that for a year I went back to school for a masters? Also, this cycle I received one interview and am currently waitlisted.

oGPA: 3.48
sGPA: 3.22
DAT: 18 AA, 18PAT (I will retake my DAT)

I just dont know if it would be a waste of time for a Masters or its necessary?

Members don't see this ad.

no need for a masters unless you're looking to reinvent your application completely in hopes of getting into a more competitive school.

Reactions: 1 user
no need for a masters unless you're looking to reinvent your application completely in hopes of getting into a more competitive school.
ok thank you! I just wanna get into any dental school honestly haha

Members don't see this ad :)
ok thank you! I just wanna get into any dental school honestly haha

It's a yes and no. If you have the budget for it I don't see why not (talking about postbac since it's not as time dependent as getting a master). Also what can help is by applying to more private schools. If you're a member of ASDA then you should have a booklet where they list all of the dental schools in the US along with their GPA requirements, preregs, programs offered, tuition etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if you retake, do well on the DAT, and apply to a reasonable amount of target schools.