Is an early interview a good sign?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kulfi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
h

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My "worst" interview was at the school I'm now attending. My "best" interview was at the school I got waitlisted at and never got into. Don't even think about it, you'll drive yourself nuts. It's over! Now it's a long wait until December 1st. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are scheduled for an interview on the very first day the school is conducting interviews, is that generally a good sign? I have pretty good stats - 3.87 GPA, 23 AA

During my interview today, there were some questions that did catch me off-guard and I felt like I could have answered them in a much better way, but overall it wasn't too bad.. I'm just nervous about how I may have been perceived by my interviewers, I guess.
Also, if anyone has had an experience where they felt like the interview didn't go as well as they had hoped, but got accepted anyway, I would love to hear about it!

You're on the same level playing field as anyone else who gets a pre-december interview. There's nothing you can do now, so just focus on the next one and be surprised when Dec 1 comes around.

Early interviews are good because it suggests adcoms were impressed with the stats. The drawback is that, by the time the final selections are made, the early applicants might be no more than a fading memory.

Reactions: 1 users
Early interviews are good because it suggests adcoms were impressed with the stats. The drawback is that, by the time the final selections are made, the early applicants might be no more than a fading memory.
This comment was such a roller coaster.

They do not rely on their memory - they are not superhumans. They make notes and give you points. Early interview is good

Reactions: 1 users

The second part of this statement couldn't be further from the truth.

Some schools don't give interviews to even the best applicants (stat-wise) until later months.

I think it was glimmer who didn't get interviewed @ UNC until November but was accepted less than a month later.

Basically, YMMV.