Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...the school's color is orange?
and many pictures on their website depict faculty/etc wearing ties with orange on them?
I was thinking it may be a positive thing since they'd see my specific interest in their school.
However, everyone is different, some may consider it to be too off the wall for a professional interview.
I'm not talking a ridiculously bright orange. Orange/light blue/white striped on a light blue shirt and navy blue suit.
Yay or nay?
and many pictures on their website depict faculty/etc wearing ties with orange on them?
I was thinking it may be a positive thing since they'd see my specific interest in their school.
However, everyone is different, some may consider it to be too off the wall for a professional interview.
I'm not talking a ridiculously bright orange. Orange/light blue/white striped on a light blue shirt and navy blue suit.
Yay or nay?
wearing an orange tie would probably come off as sucking up or trying too hard. I did have an interview day where 2 guys wore the school colors in their ties (very common tie colors), and the admissions director commented that she loved it, but apart from that I highly doubt it would be any real benefit to your application.
My first thought was UF...that would be one obnoxious tie though