MissCutie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 21, 2005
Status
Hello Everyone!

Last summer, I applied to medical school with a 3.65 cumulative GPA, 3.35 science GPA, and a 29 MCAT score. Unfortunately, in the fall of senior year, I lowered my 3.35 science GPA to a 3.18 after getting a C- in Biochem. I know that my science GPA probably has a lot to do with why I am having trouble getting into medical school, so I am working on devising a plan to address the weakness. Right now, I am strongly considering an SMP. I guess I'm wondering if such a program is geared toward someone with my academic profile or if I'm more suited to a post-bacc program. Or... are neither good options for me, and should I take a shot at something else to improve my application? I do plan on doing a one-year program and taking a year off for some additional experience to enhance my application (and get a break). Thanks in advance for your insights. I appreciate them! :)

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
Well first, try state schools. If you had tried, and didnt get anywhere, an SMP is called for. SMP sounds like the best way to really enhnace your application. ECs and such are important of course, but it sounds like your BCMP is what is holding you back. PM me with any questions, i have considerable experience working with SMPs

About the Ads