You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is anyone else already getting only 5hrs of sleep?
Started by nishi
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You're lucky. This week I'm on q1 on call rotation. Nothing like some pager duty all night long in addition to working all day and going to classes at nights/weekends. If someone says they can do it without burning out for years -> they're lying.
I'm on year 9 and I'm so sick of it. Atleast if the oncall was medically related I'd be more challenged. This stuff I'm on call for is the pits. They pay a heck of a lot, so that's why I stick around. But it'll catchup to you. So get some sleep!
I'm on year 9 and I'm so sick of it. Atleast if the oncall was medically related I'd be more challenged. This stuff I'm on call for is the pits. They pay a heck of a lot, so that's why I stick around. But it'll catchup to you. So get some sleep!
I'm not getting enough sleep too, but its mainly my fault.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've pretty much cut my days down to the bare necessities --> studying for regular classes, studying and practicing for the MCAT, and working out
I've told my friends I'd rarely be available this semester...and though its frigging hard, I have to turn them down a lot to stick to my schedule as of now. Getting about 5-6 hours of sleep a night...but always end up taking a 3 hour nap somewhere during the day...I can't resist 🙁
I've told my friends I'd rarely be available this semester...and though its frigging hard, I have to turn them down a lot to stick to my schedule as of now. Getting about 5-6 hours of sleep a night...but always end up taking a 3 hour nap somewhere during the day...I can't resist 🙁
my quarter started the first week of january, and ever since then, i have been getting 4-5 hrs of sleep. its the same routine every day, class, research, volunteer (some days) in the morning/afternoon, study for mcat/classes night.
When i studied this time last year i was working 10 hour days in a lab, coming home, getting more of the sweet stuff (coffee), and then hitting the books only to get 4 hours of sleep and repeat the day over. Its tough, but just think of the rewards, namely, the letter you receive saying that youve been accepted.
I found/find that getting one or two good nights of sleep/wk is sufficient to keep you going. On fri or sat night stay in and just relax, get as much sleep as you can. Goodluck.
I found/find that getting one or two good nights of sleep/wk is sufficient to keep you going. On fri or sat night stay in and just relax, get as much sleep as you can. Goodluck.
you know you're tired when you go to sleep at 9 pm on friday and sleep until 12 noon. until you've done that, you're fine. besides, the 8 hours that people say you should get is actually a lot for some people, most adults supposedly function just fine on 6 hours.
I don't function without enough sleep. I wish I could get only 5 hours a night! I really need the extra time. Especially now that I broke my right arm, and everything is taking about 3x as long as before. It's really screwing with my studying (well it's gonna, I just broke it last night) because I still have to write papers and things for school, which means a lot of left-handed single hand typing. I'm already getting better at it but it's still awfully tedious!
tigress said:I don't function without enough sleep. I wish I could get only 5 hours a night! I really need the extra time. Especially now that I broke my right arm, and everything is taking about 3x as long as before. It's really screwing with my studying (well it's gonna, I just broke it last night) because I still have to write papers and things for school, which means a lot of left-handed single hand typing. I'm already getting better at it but it's still awfully tedious!
you could always get one of those voice recognition things that will put your words on the screen. breaking your arm definitly sucks though. when i broke my wrist, i accidently got the cast wet trying to wash my hands, big mistake. it starts to stink, really bad. and the itching will drive you crazy. when you go in the shower, use two heavy duty trash bags and if you can, a rubber band at the top. if not, duct tape. i've had lots of experience with attempting to shower with casts on, though it's usually on my ankle, not my arm.
maybe i shouldn't bring up to the adcom's how often i'm on crutches. although with my luck, when i go for interviews, i'll probably have my ankle in a big old cast or brace thingie. oh well, i guess it's my own fault i'm a klutz, and i don't like staying inactive.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 945
D
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 423
D