Doc 2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 19, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Man I have tallied up everything I have to pay for prior to the start of school on August 1st and man I am freaking. I mean moving, apt deposit, etc, etc, it seems everyday I find out about something else I have to buy. I was planning on taking June and July off, and now it is looking like i'm going to be moving on July 30th....Ahhhh! :scared:

medicine1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Status
I wish you luck. It can be difficult when money is tight. I am just relieved to be getting a scholarship for the next four years of med school. My wife and I are trying to save money, so that we can get an apartment, books, equipment, furniture, etc., while paying for the rest of our bills.

kaikai128

Yes SIR. ;-)
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2004
Beach or Pool, you pick...
Visit site
Status
Doc 2b said:
Man I have tallied up everything I have to pay for prior to the start of school on August 1st and man I am freaking. I mean moving, apt deposit, etc, etc, it seems everyday I find out about something else I have to buy. I was planning on taking June and July off, and now it is looking like i'm going to be moving on July 30th....Ahhhh! :scared:
I know what you mean. I have mine all figured out in a spreadsheet and between med school things and military supplies; I am going to have almost 10K invested upfront before school starts. It is daunting; but definately will be worth it in the end. I'm sure many others (if not most) are in the same boat.

Robz

La Vie Boheme
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2003
Drinking Texas Tea
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I moved in July 10th or so. I wanted to make sure I was comfortable before school started. YOu have enough craziness while orientation is going on while thinking of moving crap or unboxing things.

Oh, and I planned on going to Europe last summer....all the extra little payments on things you never thought of catch up and you're like damn... I'm broke!

MaloCCOM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2002
www.thealo.com
Status
You'll end up about 120k in debt. So a few thousand here and there is no big deal!

wisconsinmilf

Fabuleux destin d'Amélie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
blue state
Status
MaloCCOM said:
You'll end up about 120k in debt. So a few thousand here and there is no big deal!
“Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” –FDR

120k in debt; how about trading your possession for my joy of achievement and thrill of creative effort? Factoring in non-resident tuition, insurance, moving expenses, housing, cost of living, etc., I’m looking at 270k. –gulp!
-WM