Is anyone else flipping out....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc 2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man I have tallied up everything I have to pay for prior to the start of school on August 1st and man I am freaking. I mean moving, apt deposit, etc, etc, it seems everyday I find out about something else I have to buy. I was planning on taking June and July off, and now it is looking like i'm going to be moving on July 30th....Ahhhh! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I wish you luck. It can be difficult when money is tight. I am just relieved to be getting a scholarship for the next four years of med school. My wife and I are trying to save money, so that we can get an apartment, books, equipment, furniture, etc., while paying for the rest of our bills.

Doc 2b said:
Man I have tallied up everything I have to pay for prior to the start of school on August 1st and man I am freaking. I mean moving, apt deposit, etc, etc, it seems everyday I find out about something else I have to buy. I was planning on taking June and July off, and now it is looking like i'm going to be moving on July 30th....Ahhhh! :scared:
I know what you mean. I have mine all figured out in a spreadsheet and between med school things and military supplies; I am going to have almost 10K invested upfront before school starts. It is daunting; but definately will be worth it in the end. I'm sure many others (if not most) are in the same boat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I moved in July 10th or so. I wanted to make sure I was comfortable before school started. YOu have enough craziness while orientation is going on while thinking of moving crap or unboxing things.

Oh, and I planned on going to Europe last summer....all the extra little payments on things you never thought of catch up and you're like damn... I'm broke!

You'll end up about 120k in debt. So a few thousand here and there is no big deal!

MaloCCOM said:
You'll end up about 120k in debt. So a few thousand here and there is no big deal!
“Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” –FDR

120k in debt; how about trading your possession for my joy of achievement and thrill of creative effort? Factoring in non-resident tuition, insurance, moving expenses, housing, cost of living, etc., I’m looking at 270k. –gulp!
-WM