Is anyone looking for "Baby Miller" or Morgan

Started by CambieMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CambieMD

cambiemd
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a very slightly used copy of "Baby Miller" that I want to unload. I also have a copy of Morgan and Makhail. I just want to recoup my costs. Please feel free to pm with an offer.

CambieMD
 
with all of the interest in gas lately I can't believe that someone out there doesn't need Morgan or Baby Miller. I really want to get rid of a least two of the anesthesia books that I have. All offers will be considered.

CambieMD
 
Hey Cambie,

Why do you want to unload your Morgan and Mikhail? You're an incoming CA1 right? That book is a total "must have." I happen to own both books and can see why you might want to ditch your baby miller...but why your Morgan??? 😕 😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CambieMD said:
with all of the interest in gas lately I can't believe that someone out there doesn't need Morgan or Baby Miller. I really want to get rid of a least two of the anesthesia books that I have. All offers will be considered.

CambieMD

What are these books for ??
 
end_tidal said:
Hey Cambie,

Why do you want to unload your Morgan and Mikhail? You're an incoming CA1 right? That book is a total "must have." I happen to own both books and can see why you might want to ditch your baby miller...but why your Morgan??? 😕 😕


Do not be confused. I simply have two copies of Morgans' book. Baby Miller is too dense for my liking. Morgan is a great book. It is easy to read. I actually have three copies of it one is an older edition given to me by a CRNA.

One introductory text and a reference book is enough. VCU has been very generous with books. My library is overflowing.

I have listed the books on Amazon. You will find the prices to be very fair.


CambieMD
 
DO you guys have the EXACT titles of these books so I can look for them before I start my anesthesiology elective?

Thanks bunch
 
Daredevil said:
DO you guys have the EXACT titles of these books so I can look for them before I start my anesthesiology elective?

Thanks bunch

Sure,

Baby Miller = Basics of Anesthesia by Robert Stoeltling & Ronald Miller

Morgan = Clinical Anesthesiology by Edward Morgan & Maged Mikhail


Good Luck, with those gas electives!!
 
I was able to sell all of the books that I listed on Amazon. I was able ot unload three books in less than 48 hrs. All of the books are in the mail.

CambieMD
 
rn29306 said:

i think that the writers of Baby Miller wanted to avoid publishing a fat book so they condensed everything. Baby Miller is half the size of Morgan but a lot of people find that Morgan is an easier book to read.


CambieMD
 
CambieMD said:
i think that the writers of Baby Miller wanted to avoid publishing a fat book so they condensed everything. Baby Miller is half the size of Morgan but a lot of people find that Morgan is an easier book to read.


CambieMD



Sorry to find it more than a little amusing that baby Miller is "too dense" for an anes resident...There is a reason that it is called "baby miller". The real Miller is hardcover 3400 pages. We had to read baby miller as a prereq before admission and then had a crash course of 5 weeks in first summer cover to cover.
M and M is indeed easy to read, our program is phasing it out as it revolves around "cookbook or protocol" anesthesia.
 
rn29306 said:
Sorry to find it more than a little amusing that baby Miller is "too dense" for an anes resident...There is a reason that it is called "baby miller". The real Miller is hardcover 3400 pages. We had to read baby miller as a prereq before admission and then had a crash course of 5 weeks in first summer cover to cover.
M and M is indeed easy to read, our program is phasing it out as it revolves around "cookbook or protocol" anesthesia.

Good for you.

I think everyone on this board is familiar with the "real Miller."

Baby Miller is for board review and for the foray into the field no (sounds paradoxical but its true)? The information laid out can be quite technical to someone with no prior exposure to anesthesiology. As a result one may lose the forest for the trees, as I have at times with that text.

Dense does not equal difficult.

I Agree that M & M is a smoother read as it guides one through a basic understanding of phys, path, and clinical scenerios. However I'm not going to pound through that entire book prior to my initial in service.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im 3/4 through baby miller cover to cover. There is def no wasted space, just about every sentance is a nugget to remember. Plus i remember a few of the same figures in there showed up on the inservice last year. I think its a good primer but I do plan to slug through M&M next. 1.5 months and counting.