This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inasaur

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a few schools to my list (Vanderbilt, Duke, Baylor, USC Keck, WUSTL, etc.). Is being complete mid-late August still okay for someone who is LM 81, or is it too late to bother?

Members don't see this ad.

With your stats it's definitely not too late. If your EC's are also pretty good you'll definitely be fine. Baylor, Keck, and wash u aren't bad but vandy and Duke may take a while so you might wanna get started right away.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
With your stats it's definitely not too late. If your EC's are also pretty good you'll definitely be fine. Baylor, Keck, and wash u aren't bad but vandy and Duke may take a while so you might wanna get started right away.

For ECs I have:
  • about 2 years of research, 1 poster, 1 funding award, no pubs
  • 60ish hours of shadowing
  • about 500 hours of clinical volunteering as an EMT
  • about 200 hours of nonclinical volunteering as a tutor for lower income communities/migrant kids
  • 1 student org leadership position
  • hundreds of hours paid TAing/tutoring experience
Is this okay?

For ECs I have:
  • about 200 hours of nonclinical volunteering as a tutor for lower income communities/migrant kids
Is this okay?

Those sound pretty good to me!

For ECs I have:
Is this okay?
Very "Okay"! Any Hobbies or Artistic Endeavors listed? How would you judge the strength of the leadership role?

Very "Okay"! Any Hobbies or Artistic Endeavors listed? How would you judge the strength of the leadership role?

In terms of hobbies, I competed in national level taekwondo sparring tournaments during college. As for the leadership role, I was the was the housing treasurer of a professional fraternity during a major (around $300,000) renovation.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm thinking of adding a few schools to my list (Vanderbilt, Duke, Baylor, USC Keck, WUSTL, etc.). Is being complete mid-late August still okay for someone who is LM 81, or is it too late to bother?

I wasn't complete until 8/20 - 8/21 at all of my schools. Both Duke and Vandy reached out to me about it, so I don't think it was too much of a problem. And my stats aren't nearly as high as yours lol.