Is Computer Programming I a science course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouthcracker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know is computer programming I (CS 171) an other sciece course or non-science?

Members don't see this ad.

Im very interested in knowing this as well.

CS171 is a computer science course but Im not sure if they look at it as a "science" cource for GPA.

If thats the case, i have a HUGE load of computer science courses under my belt (Computer Science Major).

IMO: No, Comp Sci is not a science course. but that's just an opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
I vote for a "Yes"

Finally, I confirmed with AADSAS TWICE about this question.

and here is the answer: computer programming is a NON-SCIENCE COURSE.

Finally, I confirmed with AADSAS TWICE about this question.

and here is the answer: computer programming is a NON-SCIENCE COURSE.

Ummmm.... I think that you received some bad information. Take a look at this statement from the FAQ section of AADSAS:

"An engineering student took Chemistry for Engineers. This course can be considered a BCP course, even though it was offered through the College of Engineering, an "Other Science" department."

It clearly states that courses offered through a "College of Engineering" are deemed "Other Science". Therefore, any courses in computer programming, electrical engineering, systems engineering, etc. should be classified as "other science". Computer programming, at many if not most universities, is a course offered through the engineering school, or sometimes the math department.

The question isnt whether Chemistry is a science course but whether computer science is a science. Everyone knows Chemistry is science who cares what department you take it from its still a science class.

The question isnt whether Chemistry is a science course but whether computer science is a science. Everyone knows Chemistry is science who cares what department you take it from its still a science class.

Obviously. The chemistry part of that statement is irrelevant to this discussion. I just wanted to point out that the statement also says that courses taken through the engineering college are "other science" courses unless they are specifically BCP.

i called different schools - so I put it as a other science.

but some schools said its not really, but wouldnt argue if AADSAS processed it..