IS Delmar's book good enough for Pharm tech exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fxok425

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Delmar Learning's pharmacy technician certification exam review / by Patricia K. Anthony.
Is this book alone good enough for Pharm. Tech exam? I am working in a Pharmacy now as a clerk 8 hr/ wk to gain some Pharm. experience to apply for 2009 school. If this book is not good, can anyone recommend a book? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Delmar Learning's pharmacy technician certification exam review / by Patricia K. Anthony.
Is this book alone good enough for Pharm. Tech exam? I am working in a Pharmacy now as a clerk 8 hr/ wk to gain some Pharm. experience to apply for 2009 school. If this book is not good, can anyone recommend a book? Thanks!

If you are preparing for PTCE (Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam), I recommend books written by (NPTA: National Pharmacy Technician Association)

Here is the link:

http://www.pharmacytechnician.org/e...and Guides&subcategory=Certification Training

Good Luck!:)

I actually used that book to study for my exam. Honestly, it was probably not as helpful as some others I hear about, but I got it really cheap. There are a lot of mistakes in the questions; for example they ask you to calculate something with 200 mL and then in their answer they calculated using 250 mL. Little things like that. However, I did pass the exam my first time using that alone.

Hi,

I have the DelMar book too. I am quite impressed with it. At $60, it is a bit pricey but it is worth it. I'm studying for the PTCB exam also. I'm on chapter 23 right now. From what I have heard, the PTCB exam is fairly easy. I think you made a really good choice for a study aid. Good luck taking the test!

~Michael James