• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Transformer

10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Delmar Learning's pharmacy technician certification exam review / by Patricia K. Anthony.
Is this book alone good enough for Pharm. Tech exam? I am working in a Pharmacy now as a clerk 8 hr/ wk to gain some Pharm. experience to apply for 2009 school. If this book is not good, can anyone recommend a book? Thanks!

If you are preparing for PTCE (Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam), I recommend books written by (NPTA: National Pharmacy Technician Association)

Here is the link:

http://www.pharmacytechnician.org/e...and Guides&subcategory=Certification Training

Good Luck!:)

PearLBenzene

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Delmar Learning's pharmacy technician certification exam review / by Patricia K. Anthony.
Is this book alone good enough for Pharm. Tech exam? I am working in a Pharmacy now as a clerk 8 hr/ wk to gain some Pharm. experience to apply for 2009 school. If this book is not good, can anyone recommend a book? Thanks!

I actually used that book to study for my exam. Honestly, it was probably not as helpful as some others I hear about, but I got it really cheap. There are a lot of mistakes in the questions; for example they ask you to calculate something with 200 mL and then in their answer they calculated using 250 mL. Little things like that. However, I did pass the exam my first time using that alone.

MichaelJames

Pharmacy 4 Life
10+ Year Member
May 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi,

I have the DelMar book too. I am quite impressed with it. At $60, it is a bit pricey but it is worth it. I'm studying for the PTCB exam also. I'm on chapter 23 right now. From what I have heard, the PTCB exam is fairly easy. I think you made a really good choice for a study aid. Good luck taking the test!

~Michael James

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.