Step I is First Aid Psychiatry Path enough?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thegingerbreadm

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I just wanted to know if you guys think that First Aid Psychiatry is enough to know for the boards...for most other subjects, I have been using the regular group of books because FA doesn't go into enough detail on areas like pathogenesis etc., but I psychiatry is different in that sense so I just wanted to get a feel if those that have taken the board feel First Aid Psych is enough, thanks so much!!!
 
i'm just wondering why do people always ask if FA is enough?
FA is never enough for anything

If you're really solid on a certain subject, then you may only need to review FA to jog some things in your mind. But I don't see how anyone in their right mind could ever say definitively "yes, FA is enough for subject X"
 
Hi guys, I just wanted to know if you guys think that First Aid Psychiatry is enough to know for the boards...for most other subjects, I have been using the regular group of books because FA doesn't go into enough detail on areas like pathogenesis etc., but I psychiatry is different in that sense so I just wanted to get a feel if those that have taken the board feel First Aid Psych is enough, thanks so much!!!

Well here's what i know other than pharmacology..people tend to use other sources for first hand studying and then summarize their learning through first aid. First aid is a must but shouldn't be your primary learning material..i even use kaplan pharmacology which is excellently written. Anyways, you should try to supplement first aid with other books so you can see the bigger picture before you boil things down to a few points. Hope this helped.
 
First Aid is very good but it is not enough. I suggest you study FA and the do tons of questions. You then add in your own personal notes (learn from doing questions) that was not cover by FA.

You can used this same approach for all of the other subjects. Please remember to do lots of questions.