is having two interviews in two days a bad idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has personal experience with this or any ideas.... I currently have two interviews scheduled in two days, and they are only about 4 hours apart, so driving to them shouldn't be a problem. However, I wanted to know if mentally this seems like a bad idea? I am able to reschedule one for the third week of October instead of the first, if I felt this would really be a problem. I don't know that much about the admissions process, so I don't know if a two week difference at a rolling admissions school would mean anything at all. Any opinions or information, I would be very greatful, since unfortunately I don't know all that much about this process. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,
I had two interviews over 3 days this week. It's rough...I was sleeping 8 hours each night and I still came back and crashed in the afternoon. I try to be completely mentally alert and I was finding it very hard at my second interview. I guess it just depends on the person. I have like 4 scheduled in one week so that's going to be very interesting...
I think it had to do with my flights and everything else too. I had tons of connections everywhere and was just tired...Your first night is the most important...I had to wake up at 3am to go get my flight...BAD IDEA!! DON"T DO THIS!!
Messed up my rest for the whole trip.
Sleepy time for me now :)

Thanks for the reply! I have been debating this, but one interview is close to my home and the other is a few hours a way by car, so I figure it won't be too stressful in terms of travel (i.e. no crazy travel plans.)

at least I hope I'm right :)

I sure hope not- i've got 3 in three days, along with about 1200 miles of driving between them. --Trek