Is hold a euphemism for rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calipremed5768

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
What does being put on hold mean? Nice way to say rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

So it likely means that I’m a mediocre applicant who wasn’t good enough to get a first round II? Maybe fighting for wait list slots later?

Members don't see this ad :)
So it likely means that I’m a mediocre applicant who wasn’t good enough to get a first round II? Maybe fighting for wait list slots later?

I think it means you are not good enough to be interviewed outright, but not bad enough to be rejected outright either. They want to compare you to a larger pool of applicants that will be applying over the coming months. I have a couple of interview holds and that's basically what it said in the email I was sent. I assume they are being honest.

Reactions: 3 users
If one of your holds is from GW then don't give up hope. They are notorious for putting a large amount of apps on hold, but many people who later get interviews say they had been previously put on hold before the II. Just wait it out

Reactions: 1 users
Yup. Remember, you're one of 5000-10000 applicants vying for 100-200 seats.

SDNers are advised to not think that they're God's gift to Medicine.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users