Is it "easier" to get a job in NYC or southern CA/LA/burbank area at this time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BetseyJohnson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize "easier" is a relative term, as these are probably very popular regions of the country. What are some things I can do now (as a P-3.75) to better my chances of securing a position in one of these areas when I graduate? Also, as a female, I would need to work in a non-sketchy area, though it doesn't have to be upper east side or anything. I don't mind working weird hours either, but I have always wanted to live in one of these areas after I graduate. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I just figured out what you meant by being a "p3.75" lol. Socal is def hard to get a job in right now. My best advice is to get in good with the retail chain managers in your area (through part time work or rotations) and have them give you a referral to that area.

probably easier to get a job in nyc given the fact that a lot of people have come on here saying there are still a few jobs in nyc, and nobody has talked about oc except to complain

Members don't see this ad :)
I realize "easier" is a relative term, as these are probably very popular regions of the country. What are some things I can do now (as a P-3.75) to better my chances of securing a position in one of these areas when I graduate? Also, as a female, I would need to work in a non-sketchy area, though it doesn't have to be upper east side or anything. I don't mind working weird hours either, but I have always wanted to live in one of these areas after I graduate. Thanks!!

call people up! get a job as an intern first!!! if u dont mind working weird hours then u'll be fine...graveyard shifts are always open!

Thanks for the advice! I think I might actually prefer graveyard shift, as it would likely be less hectic at that hour of the night, though I imagine there are quite a few "interesting" characters visiting the pharmacy at 3 a.m. lol. in nyc, there is also no drive-thru!

Believe it or not, graveyard shifts are starting to be hard to get in the city now...