You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is it easier to get in if offered interview w/o sending sec. ap????
Started by patient
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i have only heard of pitt and vanderbilt offering interviews w/o a secondary, but i have not heard about acceptances post interview. i have not heard rejections either, i just didn't find out what happened to the guy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was offered an interview along with my secondary at Temple in late August. I attended the interview prior to completing my secondary and sent the form in a week or two after my interview. I was offered an acceptance four weeks later.
I received an interview at UMich w/o sending a secondary and am still sitting pretty on the waitlist...think I was thinking the same thing you were going into the interview "Wow, they must really want me, sending me an interview w/o secondary." I was actually pretty crushed when I got waitlisted after that! Just beware...lesson learned, don't ever get cocky in this process, there's no worse feeling than having your bubble burst!
It really depends on the school. For some, like vandy, it is the norm. so doesn't mean that they have liked you too much 😀 I got an interview request there way before sending my secondary and eventually got waitlisted.
vanderbilt and umich actually say that they give interviews on the basis of the amcas application. (vanderbilt mentions it in the secondary, and u mich requests that you make sure you sent in the secondary on the interview invitation.)
i kind of felt that having the interview pre-secondary was strange, because you really have no idea what they think of your secondary until the final review...which could explain the unexpected results. 🙂
i kind of felt that having the interview pre-secondary was strange, because you really have no idea what they think of your secondary until the final review...which could explain the unexpected results. 🙂
I received a request for an interview at Pitt without a secondary, interviewed there in late February, and got in. The staff there told me that they send out about 150 letters each year requesting interviews without a secondary. From what I've read on this forum, it's based primarily on numbers, but they do look at the rest of the AMCAS app as well. I thought my faculty interview went pretty poorly, so I was pleasantly surprised a few weeks later when I got in.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 935
- Replies
- 18
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K