Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

is it ok to bring your luggage with you to interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by chos, Mar 4, 2007.

1. chos

chos Member

folks:

what does everyone do with their luggage? i have a time crunch and am wondering if it is bad form to bring a small rolling suitcase with me.

tia.

rmcl

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc1228

Medical Student
    I brought my luggage to my interview. They understand if you have flights to catch or whatever the reason.

4. MaximusD

MaximusD Anatomically Incorrect
    Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    No it's not as long as it's not a lot of stuff. They have a small closet for coats, and I am sure that if need-be you can put a small bag in there.

Best of luck... it was a really great interview day :)

I had gotten into the habit of getting late checkouts (for 2 PM, for free if available) so that I didn't have to worry about cleaning up or changing out of my suit afterwards in some random bathroom ;)

I really loved the feeling of going on interviews at medical schools. It might sound kind of lame but I really enjoyed feeling like a professional.

5. bigdog8829

Medical Student
    yes.
    everyplace i interviewed had a closet or secure place to put luggage.
    3/3 interviews i went to, someone had luggage.

6. bravotwozero

bravotwozero Chronically ambitious

Attending Physician
    I brought my luggage to all my interviews, and lots of other interviewees did too. Admissions will just have you put your luggage in a corner till you're done. Not a problem at all.

Same here man. I honestly loved travelling all over the states for interviews. Felt a little bit like Carmen Sandiego :laugh:

7. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    Bringing luggage is fine. Just be careful, some med students have been known to snoop through bags while the group is taking the campus tour. I myself have at least 5 pairs of panties. :thumbup:

8. musiclink213

musiclink213 My room is a mess

Medical Student
    I bought luggage to all my interviews, except NYCOM since I live about an hour away. Although I did bring my ice skates and a change of clothes for after my interview ended, but I left that in my car. But the schools know you had to travel, so they'll provide a place to stash your stuff. I never went back to the hotel because I was worried for time, most of my interviews ended around 3 or 4, and I had to get to the airport and didn't want to stop, so I just took my stuff and changed at the school or airport, depending.

9. DropkickMurphy

Banned

Other Health Professions Student
    The headline in tomorrow's paper: "PCOM Student Arrested for Serial Panty Theft: prestigous residency rescinds offer of spot" :laugh:

10. nalgie24

Medical Student
    During my interviews, I would check out of my hotel and then ask the front desk if I could keep my bags in a secure place. They would usually take them for me and then when I went back to the hotel after the interview (to catch the shuttle) I would pick my bags up and head to the airport. It worked out well. Many others did the same