• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

is it ok to bring your luggage with you to interview?

chos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2004
Status (Visible)
folks:

what does everyone do with their luggage? i have a time crunch and am wondering if it is bad form to bring a small rolling suitcase with me.

tia.

rmcl

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2006
State of Delirium
www.lmgtfy.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
folks:

what does everyone do with their luggage? i have a time crunch and am wondering if it is bad form to bring a small rolling suitcase with me.

tia.

rmcl

No it's not as long as it's not a lot of stuff. They have a small closet for coats, and I am sure that if need-be you can put a small bag in there.

Best of luck... it was a really great interview day :)

I had gotten into the habit of getting late checkouts (for 2 PM, for free if available) so that I didn't have to worry about cleaning up or changing out of my suit afterwards in some random bathroom ;)

I really loved the feeling of going on interviews at medical schools. It might sound kind of lame but I really enjoyed feeling like a professional.

About the Ads

bravotwozero

Chronically ambitious
15+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2004
Houston
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I brought my luggage to all my interviews, and lots of other interviewees did too. Admissions will just have you put your luggage in a corner till you're done. Not a problem at all.

I really loved the feeling of going on interviews at medical schools. It might sound kind of lame but I really enjoyed feeling like a professional.

Same here man. I honestly loved travelling all over the states for interviews. Felt a little bit like Carmen Sandiego :laugh:

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Bringing luggage is fine. Just be careful, some med students have been known to snoop through bags while the group is taking the campus tour. I myself have at least 5 pairs of panties. :thumbup:

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I bought luggage to all my interviews, except NYCOM since I live about an hour away. Although I did bring my ice skates and a change of clothes for after my interview ended, but I left that in my car. But the schools know you had to travel, so they'll provide a place to stash your stuff. I never went back to the hotel because I was worried for time, most of my interviews ended around 3 or 4, and I had to get to the airport and didn't want to stop, so I just took my stuff and changed at the school or airport, depending.

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
A bar room in Mombasa drinking gin
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Bringing luggage is fine. Just be careful, some med students have been known to snoop through bags while the group is taking the campus tour. I myself have at least 5 pairs of panties. :thumbup:
The headline in tomorrow's paper: "PCOM Student Arrested for Serial Panty Theft: prestigous residency rescinds offer of spot" :laugh:

nalgie24

10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
During my interviews, I would check out of my hotel and then ask the front desk if I could keep my bags in a secure place. They would usually take them for me and then when I went back to the hotel after the interview (to catch the shuttle) I would pick my bags up and head to the airport. It worked out well. Many others did the same

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.