Is it okay to take one of your OChem Labs during the cycle you're applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When should I take OChem 2 Lab?

• Summer of my application cycle (on top of submitting apps + other commitments)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Spring right before my application cycle (on top of MCAT + other commitments)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

sushi18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm a non-trad and thinking I might have to move my OChem 2 lab to the summer when I'm applying a few years from now.

Given that I'd have taken all my other labs at that point (including OChem 1 lab) and have all my other prereqs done, would it be seen poorly for me to do that? It's purely for scheduling reasons - I wasn't able to get into one of the labs I needed this past term.

The alternative would be to take the lab while I'm studying for MCAT, but since I work, volunteer, and do research, I didn't want to be taking a class on top of MCAT. Should I take the lab the summer I apply or the spring right before while I'm taking the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you can take while you are applying. It will not be an issue. Indeed I am not sure the percent of schools that require Ochem II lab
That's great to hear! :) Thank you