Aug 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Can I get re-accepted or placed on a waitlist at the schools I previously declined?

themulya

more specific than amulya
10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2009
Texas
Status
Pharmacy Student
The spot that you declined went to someone else. If they were to re-accept you they would have to take a spot away from someone who accepted their first offer. Unfortunately you will have to wait until the next cycle to re-apply.

But this is why you pay your deposit. I know sometimes it can get a little expensive, but you do it to prevent situations such as these. It's worth putting down the money now and be protected for the long term over being penny pinching in the short term and having to waste time and more money to apply the next year.

OP
P
Aug 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
What if the school is still pulling applicants off the waitlist who were less competitive?

themulya

more specific than amulya
10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2009
Texas
Status
Pharmacy Student
What if the school is still pulling applicants off the waitlist who were less competitive?
Again your spot goes to someone else. When you decline, your application is considered withdrawn. Unfortunately lesson learned.

charfdorn

10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2009
Denver, CO
Status
Pharmacy Student
Yeah, you blew it for this year. You should be able to try again next year. You might try calling them. Worse that could happen is they laugh in your face...