Is it possible to transfer schools after D1???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojo2280

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
chillin as a D1

Members don't see this ad.

I know of one person who was able to arrange a transfer from Marquette to Temple after their first year of dental school in order to be with their spouse who had graduated from law school and obtained a position in Philadelphia. So it can be done. Each school would have its own policy regarding transfers. I would suspect that most schools which do accept transfers would require compelling extenuating circumstances such as being with a spouse, ailing parent etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Groundhog - You must know Hema - She was in my class!

DrRob,
It is a small world. Hema is first class people. She was a D2 when we met her at Temple in October 2000. I was really impressed with her and Temple because she was already doing extractions with minimal supervision. She went out her way to make us feel welcome at Temple by filling us in about the program over dinner and giving us a ride the next morning to the interview session. Edit....Oops, I can't count. She should have graduated this year. I bet she is still doing great.

In my DS1 year , someone from my class transferred to UMKC after the first year. I think it's generally a lot easier to do after the end of the 2nd year and part I boards are taken.