Is it still considered early if you have everything in by the end of August?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbrokut

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
By everything I mean AMCAS, secondary, and LORs.

So is it or is it considered late?

When does most of the SDN get done with their secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say that's the average time. Not early, not late.

Most of SDN is working on and submitting secondaries now. Interview invites are going out, and a few people have already interviewed.

Also, I'm moving this to the main Pre-Allo forum. It's not really a WAMC thread.

Only one school has interviewed that I am aware of - UT-H. Interviews will begin to pick up in August and peak through september, october and november.

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember that if you get everything in by the end of august, it still takes time (about a month) for your amcas app to be verified. So if you have everything in end of august, med schools don't get anything until end of september

My guess is, end of August would probably place you in like the 3rd wave of applicants, i.e. somewhere in the middle overall. That's with early-mid July being being the first wave, late July-early August being second, and so on. But that's just how I understand it.

You're definitely not late, though.

I just submitted my AMCAS application yesterday and I'm working on secondaries right now. (Some have automatic secondaries, and apparently U of MN Duluth doesn't care if my GPA is verified?).

So I hope you're not late, because we're in the same boat! :scared:

Remember that if you get everything in by the end of august, it still takes time (about a month) for your amcas app to be verified. So if you have everything in end of august, med schools don't get anything until end of september

No my primary is already verified and I've received several secondaries but had to retake my MCAT on July 18th and so I won't get my score back until August 18th or so. I will be submitting secondaries in mean time but the application wont be considered complete as adcoms would be waiting for my MCAT score.

I just submitted my AMCAS application yesterday and I'm working on secondaries right now. (Some have automatic secondaries, and apparently U of MN Duluth doesn't care if my GPA is verified?).

So I hope you're not late, because we're in the same boat! :scared:
Yeah, I just submitted on the 24th... I hope we aren't way too late :xf:

I'd say that's the average time. Not early, not late.

Most of SDN is working on and submitting secondaries now. Interview invites are going out, and a few people have already interviewed.

Also, I'm moving this to the main Pre-Allo forum. It's not really a WAMC thread.

Orly? People have already interviewed in July? What school is this?? :confused:

Edit: Nevermind, read through entire thread... I'm still really surprised that schools would interview this early, that's pretty crazy.

Yeah, I just submitted on the 24th... I hope we aren't way too late :xf:

Late bloomers unite! I think I blacked out a little when I found out people already have interviews at Mayo! (I'm from St. Paul/MPLS area, and I really want to go home, and Mayo just seems awesome! Oh well :()