IS it too late to apply to D.O schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dranthropology

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have decent stats 3.7 gpa 27 mcat pretty good extra curricular activities shadowed multiple d.os and good letters of recommendation. do i still have a chance if i only first submit my aacomas in november? i want to go to a school in the new york area (nycom/touro/pcom/umdnj). any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you still have a pretty good chance especially if your IS. Just make sure to have a lot of patience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hijack your forum, but how about for Canadians? I got verified in nov but felt like DO schools don't have that many spots for Canadians

It's probably not beyond too late. Though that being said many schools probably are for all intensive purposes full and you'll be interviewing for primarily waitlist positions. But people have gotten in this late.

Regarding Canadians, well I think you're probably out of luck.

It's probably not beyond too late. Though that being said many schools probably are for all intensive purposes full and you'll be interviewing for primarily waitlist positions. But people have gotten in this late.

Regarding Canadians, well I think you're probably out of luck.
Really! We are still in early Nov and MOST schools are already full! Interesting...

I wouldn't say schools are full, many schools interview into the new year and have spots open up. You have to remember alot of the acceptances that have been given out at this point, have been to people who are generally stronger candidates. Stronger candidates, also generally have multiple acceptances. You can only matriculate to one school, therefore seats open up.

If you're already verified and submitted secondaries, you never know how things will turn out - especially with high stats; some schools rank who they review, so that a person with higher stats may be reviewed quicker than someone who submitted earlier but had lower stats. Others first come first serve merit, etc. Too variable to say that you're out of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Really! We are still in early Nov and MOST schools are already full! Interesting...

Well rather when he is actually applying in December and onward.

Actually in retrospect this may be just coming out of my ass and baseless haha. Who knows how it is in reality.

Reactions: 1 users
Though that being said many schools probably are for all intensive purposes full and you'll be interviewing for primarily waitlist positions.

I'm genuinely curious as to where you're getting this insider information from.

I'm genuinely curious as to where you're getting this insider information from.

Just some comments by people who interviewed last year. They basically said that by December & Jan you're mostly interviewing for wait-list spots. But like I said, the validity of this is debatable and will likely vary by school. For all intensive purposes for schools like Ccom, Touro-Ca this is probably a true statement.

Just some comments by people who interviewed last year. They basically said that by December & Jan you're mostly interviewing for wait-list spots. But like I said, the validity of this is debatable and will likely vary by school. For all intensive purposes for schools like Ccom, Touro-Ca this is probably a true statement.

*For all intents and purposes* ;)

OP should have at least a decent shot applying now (broadly) and pre-writing secondaries.