Is it too late to apply to more DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Proudfather94

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to 6 schools and feel like I want to add 2 or 3 more. Would I be alright to do so or would I be considered late? Thanks

So I applied to 21 MD schools as well so I applied to alot of schools but I feel that I may need to apply to more DO schools as a safety net
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on your stats if it’s even needed. It’s early. You getting an interview this early is a good sign and more prob aren’t needed
 
Hey guys so I did end up applying to three more DO schools. The interview that I did was a one way interview where there was not someone else talking so I think I was too awkward during it.
 
Hey guys so I did end up applying to three more DO schools. The interview that I did was a one way interview where there was not someone else talking so I think I was too awkward during it.
When do you hear back?
 
The odds are in your favor that you will get an A at one of the 21 MD schools. Hopefully you will not lose your deposit to a DO school. GL.
 
If you plan to apply to anymore DO schools, I’d just get the rest of your primary applications out before September. However, depending on your stats, anything before Novemberish would still be considered early for DO schools.
Some schools are already sending out interviews. Feeling nervous with having to submit this month hehe
 
Definitely not too late. I was an average applicant and I finished the brunt of my apps in October after a late July MCAT. Got an II in Jan and in April. Was accepted at the April school in late July.