Is it too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strangelight

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, after thinking about it for a while, I just recently decided that I think it would beneficial for me to do some post-bacc work during my glide year. I know the deadline has passed already for a couple of schools, but I think there are a few whose deadlines aren't until June/July (ie RFUMS, PCOM...any others??)

I was just wondering if it was still too late to apply now though, particularly if they're rolling schools...I'm afraid their classes might already be filled up by the time I get my stuff in. So, does anyone have any information on this? Are my chances of getting in really low if I apply this late?

Any other advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

strangelight said:
So, after thinking about it for a while, I just recently decided that I think it would beneficial for me to do some post-bacc work during my glide year. I know the deadline has passed already for a couple of schools, but I think there are a few whose deadlines aren't until June/July (ie RFUMS, PCOM...any others??)

I was just wondering if it was still too late to apply now though, particularly if they're rolling schools...I'm afraid their classes might already be filled up by the time I get my stuff in. So, does anyone have any information on this? Are my chances of getting in really low if I apply this late?

Any other advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

I called RFUMS last week to check up on my application and they said they've received 200+ apps for about 120 spots (the numbers might be wrong) but they haven't sent out any acceptances yet...

i don't know about the others... i hope this helps! :thumbup: :luck:

you have nothing to lose by sending your stuff in besides some energy and a stamp or two. send it in. even if you have low chances, you could be "that person" who gets in late. after all, SOMEONE has to be "that person". don't let the numbers scare you.

BU has a late deadline (mid-summer I think). Or at least, it was mid-summer 2 years ago when I was applying. My feeling is that it's pseudo-rolling admissions, in that they evaluate applications as they come in, but if you're part of a huge glut of applications, they evaluate all of you at the same time.