Is it too late to submit a DO Primary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluemountains95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've called a couple of schools and asked about my stats specifically and they said I would be within range. But realistically, is it too late to submit a primary right now?

Schools: LECOM, NYITCOM, PCOM, UNECOM

Members don't see this ad.

Granted I applied 4 years ago, but I don't think its too late. I applied in November and received interviews at all the DO schools I applied. If you're app is competitive you should be fine, the DO cycle is a bit later anyway.

Not technically, but your chances are definitely lower (especially at those schools). If your stats are high you should still be fine, just depends on your entire application.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I've called a couple of schools and asked about my stats specifically and they said I would be within range. But realistically, is it too late to submit a primary right now?

According to Goro, you are not late until Thanksgiving

Reactions: 1 user

NYITCOM and UNECOM are biased by region and/or state. PCOM gets thousands of applications so even if you do get an interview,it won’t be until late next year. They’re still going through applications complete from august.

If you add more schools to the list that are less competitive, then I would say go ahead. If you are set on these 4 schools, you run the risk of being waitlisted/denied unless you’re very competitive (which is beyond just your scores) and I would wait and make yourself more competitive in your EC/writing/LORs if they’re not strong already.

Not late but apply asap and add more schools. Whats your gpa and mcat like?

Unless your stats are REALLY good, it’s too late for UNECOM. Historically they fill all their slots in the first couple of months, after that it’s all waitlist. Having said that, they do take a lot of people off the WL but unless you have your heart set on it AND have solid stats I’d cross it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LECOM is arguably the least-selective established school in the country.
It should be added however that LECOM's admissions process is pretty nebulous. There are tons of very well qualified applicants silently rejected there each year and plenty of less-than-stellar applicants interviewed and accepted.

It should be added however that LECOM's admissions process is pretty nebulous. There are tons of very well qualified applicants silently rejected there each year and plenty of less-than-stellar applicants interviewed and accepted.

So you're saying there's a chance? Also thanks for helping me add another vocabulary word into my arsenal.

The longer you wait from this point, your opportunities will continue to drop. It is better to submit them as soon as possible rather than continuing to wait. The sooner you turn them in, the sooner you will have a potential secondary and then II.