Is it worth correcting my AMCAS at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZombieDante

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a weird question (and I'm probably doxxing myself if the school who pointed this out reads this but whatever).

A school I really want to go to recently pointed out that my application says I never earned a bachelor's degree but instead two associates. I sent that school the information to prove I actually got my bachelor's, so I think I'm good on that front. However, there are still a couple of schools I'm waiting to hear back from and this might make a big difference in terms of if I meet minimum standards are not for them.

What I think happened is that the verifier mixed up my schools since their names are EXTREMELY similar to each other and put I got associates from both when I only got it from one. I made a thread couple months ago saying amcas randomly "corrected" my application and I couldn't figure out what was changed. I think the degree type was what was changed.

However, I figure that since it's so late in the cycle it won't even be worth the hassle though. I already have acceptances so this isn't make or break for my medical education. Do you think it would even be worth trying to fix this error this late into the cycle? If so how do I even go about it?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a weird question (and I'm probably doxxing myself if the school who pointed this out reads this but whatever).

A school I really want to go to recently pointed out that my application says I never earned a bachelor's degree but instead two associates. I sent that school the information to prove I actually got my bachelor's, so I think I'm good on that front. However, there are still a couple of schools I'm waiting to hear back from and this might make a big difference in terms of if I meet minimum standards are not for them.

What I think happened is that the verifier mixed up my schools since their names are EXTREMELY similar to each other and put I got associates from both when I only got it from one. I made a thread couple months ago saying amcas randomly "corrected" my application and I couldn't figure out what was changed. I think the degree type was what was changed.

However, I figure that since it's so late in the cycle it won't even be worth the hassle though. I already have acceptances so this isn't make or break for my medical education. Do you think it would even be worth trying to fix this error this late into the cycle? If so how do I even go about it?
You will send your official transcripts directly to whichever school you enroll in. This will clear up any possible misunderstandings.
Your official transcripts should have the "degree awarded" on them.

Reactions: 2 users
It might be worth contacting the schools you've not yet heard from and note that there is an error on your original AMCAS application in that you have received a bachelor's degree and not just two associate degrees. It would have been better to have contacted the schools 3 months ago but at least you have some offers so the entire cycle is not lost.

Reactions: 1 user