Is it worth doing O Chem 2 lab?

Started by Kota1000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kota1000

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am planning on taking organic chemistry 2 lecture and lab this semester. None of the vet schools I am applying to require organic chemistry 2, but I need to take the lecture portion in order to do biochemistry. Should I bother doing the lab as well? I don’t really want to, but I feel like it would look better on applications...
 
Hello! I am planning on taking organic chemistry 2 lecture and lab this semester. None of the vet schools I am applying to require organic chemistry 2, but I need to take the lecture portion in order to do biochemistry. Should I bother doing the lab as well? I don’t really want to, but I feel like it would look better on applications...
If a school cared about a class, they would make it a prerequisite. Seriously. I didn't take organic 2 at all (straight up just didn't want to take it and only orgo 1 was required for biochem) and graduate in 3.5 months. If you don't need the lab to apply, save the money and extra stress and don't take it.
 
If a school cared about a class, they would make it a prerequisite. Seriously. I didn't take organic 2 at all (straight up just didn't want to take it and only orgo 1 was required for biochem) and graduate in 3.5 months. If you don't need the lab to apply, save the money and extra stress and don't take it.
Thank you!