Is it worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nothing here

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it worth it to go out-of-state to do a post-bac? This means that I will have to take out loans, and my tuition as an out-of-state student is higher.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it worth it to go out-of-state to do a post-bac? This means that I will have to take out loans, and my tuition as an out-of-state student is higher.

No - Don't waste money by doing this. I am a post bacc and I have completed all of my coursework at a local city college. Just make great grades and kill the DAT and you will be fine. Good luck!

No - Don't waste money by doing this. I am a post bacc and I have completed all of my coursework at a local city college. Just make great grades and kill the DAT and you will be fine. Good luck!

Are you in a post-bac program or did you take classes in an informal way? Also, how long did it take you to finish your post-bac?

This is coming from someone with little science background and who didn't major in natural sciences.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)

answer = no, its not worth it.

Just do informal post-bacc, what matters here is the amount of upper level courses you take and what grade you earned.

Are you in a post-bac program or did you take classes in an informal way? Also, how long did it take you to finish your post-bac?

This is coming from someone with little science background and who didn't major in natural sciences.

Thanks!

I did an informal post bacc that took about 2 years to complete. However, this can be done in a shorter period of time if you take summer classes. Just so you know, I was a business major with no background in science classes. Just take around 12 hours of all science classes and you will be fine. If you start in the summer, you can knock out gchem with lab and bio. Then you can take ochem in fall and spring along with upper div bio classes.

Thanks! I'm a Psychology major with a minor in Anthropology. I might start in the summer just to give me a head start.