Is July considered late or early application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyPerson

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So briefly, I am registered to take the MCAT on June 20. I get my score back July 7th. I was thinking of submitting my application by July 8. Is this late? Early? I will have had my application done much earlier than this date but I thought knowing my MCAT score would be better prior to submission.

I dont understand what a verified applications is, so should I submit my application whenever aacomas allows me to so I get verified earlier (even though I have no MCAT on file)?

I am also applying to MD schools would July 8 be a good time to submit?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I also agree with Camoixu. You will be early for DO and at a decent timeline for MD.

You can send your app to one DO school to begin verification and then add the other schools later once your MCAT is back in. Same with AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
I also agree with Camoixu. You will be early for DO and at a decent timeline for MD.

You can send your app to one DO school to begin verification and then add the other schools later once your MCAT is back in. Same with AMCAS.
So you suggest I send my DO and MD applications as soon as possible to 1 school, and once I get verified and have my MCAT I add the other schools and resubmit?

Thank you for the help!

So you suggest I send my DO and MD applications as soon as possible to 1 school, and once I get verified and have my MCAT I add the other schools and resubmit?

Thank you for the help!
Yes, to avoid a lengthy verification process. Some people like to use the term "throwaway school" but I don't think any school should be considered a throwaway. Send it to a school you can see yourself at, but not very high on your list. You never know, that could be your only acceptance, so it may as well be a school you sort of like.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, to avoid a lengthy verification process. Some people like to use the term "throwaway school" but I don't think any school should be considered a throwaway. Send it to a school you can see yourself at, but not very high on your list. You never know, that could be your only acceptance, so it may as well be a school you sort of like.

I thought this was only applicable for AMCAS. Do we still need to do this for AACOMAS?

I thought this was only applicable for AMCAS. Do we still need to do this for AACOMAS?

It will help in getting your application verified sooner since verification is first come, first serve.

I focused on AMCAS first and once I submitted all of my AMCAS stuff, including secondaries, and then I started focusing on my DO application. No big changes now that the personal statement character limits are the same. The only thing that was time-consuming was rephrasing the Works/Activities section to fit the 600 character limit compared to AMCAS' 700 character count.

It will help in getting your application verified sooner since verification is first come, first serve.

I focused on AMCAS first and once I submitted all of my AMCAS stuff, including secondaries, and then I started focusing on my DO application. No big changes now that the personal statement character limits are the same. The only thing that was time-consuming was rephrasing the Works/Activities section to fit the 600 character limit compared to AMCAS' 700 character count.

Is it true that for AMCAS, we can only submit on May 31st (in order to get verified)?

If so, does AACOMAS have a similar timeframe wherein we can fill out our application but cannot submit (yet)?

Is it true that for AMCAS, we can only submit on May 31st (in order to get verified)?

If so, does AACOMAS have a similar timeframe wherein we can fill out our application but cannot submit (yet)?

AMCAS submission date is May 28th this year, but applications won't be transmitted to schools until July 10th. Last year, submissions started on May 30th. I submitted the day after and was verified the following week. The goal is to be verified by July 10th as that will be the first day schools can download your applications and give you a secondary.

I don't think AACOMAS has a similar thing, not 100% sure since I was mostly focusing on AMCAS dates, but I think if you went in now and were ready, you could submit today. For reference of verification timeline, I submitted 7/20 and was verified 7/29 and received secondaries the days following.